Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Red Kite
Beginner

Bargain thread

Red Kite, 10 of July of 2013 at 15:57 Posted on Planning 0 18

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this is allowed so mods please delete if inappropriate! I just thought that with so many people on tight budgets this information might help. I am not in any way affiliated with either of these two stores.

At lunch I popped into the local Monsoon and they currently have a 50% sale on a lot of their items - especially childrens clothes (also available on the website). In the store they were taking another 50% off of the sale price for the childrens clothes - so I managed to get a beautiful flower girl dress that should have been £58 for £14.50! I checked the website when i got back to the office and noticed that the sale prices online are not as good - so might be worth going instore for a real bargain.

Also noticed Debenhams have a 70% blue cross sale at the moment which includes a lot of their bridal wear - my OH found a wedding dress for less than £100 although it wasn't what I was looking for. I also brought some flat shoes for dancing in the evening for less than £10.

Anyway - I hope this helps someone if you're on a tight budget or like me you just like a good bargain! Please feel free to share your own bargains (if it's allowed)

RK

18 replies

Latest activity by Sarah5790, 6 of September of 2013 at 20:42
  • 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

It's perfectly allowed to do this when you have just spotted a bargain, it's only businesses that aren't allowed to promote their own stuff. Some good bargains there

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Anyone having milkshake bars, poundland currently have milkshake/sundae glasses in for (you guessed it) £1 each.

They seem to be at least £2.80 each elsewhere. They're good quality ones too, actual glass, not plastic and a good size!

• Red Kite
    Beginner
    Red Kite ·
    • Hide content

Oh I'm not having a milkshake bar but could do with some of these in my house to be honest! Thanks for the tip

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Excellent thread.

I got these little games in The Works yesterday, 2 for £1.00 they had other stuff too

• woowoo83
    Beginner October 2013
    woowoo83 ·
    • Hide content

I've just had an email from Cox & Cox advertising up to 75% off, they're usually a bit pricey but have some nice wedding stuff at bargain prices!

http://www.coxandcox.co.uk/

• L
    Beginner November 2013
    Lou17 ·
    • Hide content

Anyone know where to get bargain fishbowls? ?

• F
    Beginner August 2013
    FMG ·
    • Hide content

Notonthehighstreet.com have a sale on! Lovely gifts for the wedding party!

• Forever Wedding Dance
    Rockstar September 2013
    Forever Wedding Dance ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not sure how this compares but they are £6.99 at the range: http://www.therange.co.uk/fish-bowl-vase//the-range/fcp-product/54684

• Red Kite
    Beginner
  • L
    Beginner November 2013
    Lou17 ·
    • Hide content

Excellent! Thanks for the replys x

• C
    Beginner April 2015
    Cupcakebex ·
    • Hide content

Anyone know a good place to get the tall vases at a cheap price? 50cm ish ones x

• Red Kite
    Beginner
    Red Kite ·
    • Hide content

Todays Bargain - are you buying the booze for your wedding?

If you are planning to serve Pimms then Tesco are currently selling 'Jeeves' 70cl bottles for £5. The difference is it has less alcohol content (17.5% instead of 22% or similar) but having brought some as a tester I can promise it tastes almost identical (to me) once mixed with lemonade and fruit. Right see you in the booze aisle!

• E
    Beginner August 2014
    egalr ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can also confirm it tastes pretty much exactly the same. I love Pimms, but I switched to Jeeves for my summer BBQs this year and nobody could tell!

• L
    Beginner
    loobylou2801 ·
    • Hide content

I was in home bargains and they have some great items that could be used as table decorations- fishbowls, big martini glasses and loads of other little decorations. All very reasonably priced too!

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Oh great thread thanks!

Sainsburys has loads of décor stuff on sale like vases, candles and vintage themed stuff etc.

I think a lot of bridal stores are having clearouts atm as Autumns coming in so worth a look for dresses in all those shops, a few near me have guaranteed 75% off deals etc.

Co-op shops that sell household stuff have 20% off new ranges and includes lots of white vintage, birdcages are buy 1 get 1 free which I thought was great, and they have lovely canvases with wedding quotes and little loveheart candle holders etc. Worth a look Smiley smile

If I spot any more bargains i'll post here x

• Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content

Ikea in general are great for all sorts! I bought all my tea light holders, tea lights, sweet jars and truffle jars in there recently.

• R
    Beginner September 2014
    Rebeck ·
    • Hide content

BHS have a sale on wedding things at the moment, anyone after flower girl/bridesmaids outfits might just get a bargain! They don't have the colors I'm after unfortunately, but hopefully it's of use to someone x

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    Sarah5790 ·
    • Hide content

Don't know if anyone else is having a sweet table but I'm having one and bought glass jars with lids from asda for £1 and there only £1.20 full price also sainsburys had a massive bowl which will be great for lots of sweets for £1.50 instead of £5 x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics