Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

TheFutureMrsKay
Beginner October 2015

Bag help required please :)

TheFutureMrsKay, 23 of April of 2015 at 12:05 Posted on Planning 0 14

So I thought I'd resolved this. I found a bag that I love; I ordered it from the internet. It came today.... and it's so small. It doesn't even fit my phone in it.

So back to the drawing board. I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies might be able to help me.

I have checked Monsoon, Marks and Spencer and Debenhams (and had a quick look on eBay), but have yet to find anything I like.

It should be preferably white or ivory, and not be a fixed shape, and should be at least 23cm in length. If you have any ideas, I would greatly appreciate them.

In case you're wondering, the bag that I bought is this one:

https://www.lightinthebox.com/pearls-wedding-special-occation-clutches-evening-handbags-more-colors_p1213980.html

14 replies

Latest activity by Lemon Violet, 1 of May of 2015 at 14:15
  • pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content
  • TheFutureMrsKay
    Beginner October 2015
    TheFutureMrsKay ·
    • Hide content

Pammy- which one is that? Sorry, nothing came up Smiley smile

I'm just concerned, as my phone is quite big (15cm in length), so getting a bag to fit that and all the other little bits is proving challenging.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Link fixed. My phone is big - Galaxy S4, got that, tissues, lippy, small purse in easily. 8.5" is about 21cm. It's quite deep too.

Mine's in the rose gold colour and I love it. I'm happy to lend it you you Smiley smile I've also got an ivory bag with chiffon roses on which can take a phone and a few bits.

• TheFutureMrsKay
    Beginner October 2015
    TheFutureMrsKay ·
    • Hide content

Thank you from the offer, but I have nothing that is rose gold, so I feel it may be out of place. But it was so lovely of you to offer!

I love the eBay one you posted. And it's in white! We may have a winner Smiley laugh thank you for helping Smiley smile

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked on Amazon too?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Pearl-Detail-Clutch-Bag/dp/B00D5VCR7U

• TheFutureMrsKay
    Beginner October 2015
    TheFutureMrsKay ·
    • Hide content

I hadn't even thought of amazon. I think that's perfect! It's a bigger version of the one I have. Thank you; I could hug you!

• V
    Beginner September 2015
    VegasBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

Oh I am so glad you posted this. I was just starting to think about looking for a bag - wasnt sure there would be bags for brides..are they supposed to have one on the day?! lol I will have a look at these links as well Smiley laugh I love the bag you had ordered as well shame it is too small x

• TheFutureMrsKay
    Beginner October 2015
    TheFutureMrsKay ·
    • Hide content

I think it's a personal preference; have one if you want one. If not, make someone else carry your stuff.

I'm doing both; having my own bag, and getting someone else to carry it (when I can't). Perks of being the bride Smiley laugh

The bag is gorgeous; I've resold it now, to a bride who it is perfect for. At least it'll make someone else happy.

One of the links posted above is almost the same bag, but quite a bit bigger (from Amazon). I've ordered that; if it's horribly wrong, at least I can send it back.

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

I thought it looked similar to your original one. I love Amazon mainly for its free delivery!

• V
    Beginner September 2015
    VegasBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

I am going to have a look on Amazon and e-bay at these links and hopefully I can snap one up to go with my dress also ? I am going to Vegas for my wedding so a little bag ( big enough for my phone and some cash ) would be great for while I am partying up and down the Las Vegas strip haha

• Lorns
    Rockstar May 2015
    Lorns ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine from an RSPCA charity shop. It was £3.50 and is stunning and just perfect! I know I was very lucky, but it may be worth a look around the charity shops! x

• Lorns
    Rockstar May 2015
    Lorns ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine from an RSPCA charity shop. It was £3.50 and is stunning and just perfect! I know I was very lucky, but it may be worth a look around the charity shops! x

• TheFutureMrsKay
    Beginner October 2015
    TheFutureMrsKay ·
    • Hide content

Just to say a huge, huge thank you to Lapland2015.

I bought the bag that you posted (the Amazon). It came really quickly, and it is just perfect! It's the right size for me, and is really well made.

I'm so made up now. Another thing off the list!

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Really glad I could help :-) Amazon is amazing!!

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I have three styles of bag. Have a look on my fb page Lemon Violet Fascinators and website www.weddingfascinator.co.uk to see if any are what you need. I have an ivory boxy style, like those in the ivory fb pictures too from last season. Hope that helps

Lynne

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics