spain202, 18 of February of 2014 at 23:49 Posted on Planning 0 527

Delete post

527 replies

Latest activity by Purplecake, 14 of January of 2016 at 11:23
  • C
    Beginner August 2015
    conway13 ·
    • Hide content

Hi im 1st august 2015. I have set date with church, booked reception venue and booked photograopher. Im going to start looking for a band or singer next. Where are you with your planning fenty123.

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

Hi im a august 2015 bride as well ;-) and I feel exactly the same... great that we have so much time to save but so impatient lol. Im doing as much as I can to be honest then hoping I can relax a bit nearer the time ( in theory!)

We've booked the venue a d registrar. Ive put a deposit on the photographer. Have chosen someone for our cake and flowers and have an app with both nxt month to pay deposit. I saw a deal for three bridesmaid dresses in the colour I want in their sizes so am picking them up tomorrow. Really wanna go dress shopping for myself but putting that off till about sep as currently losing weight!! How r u gettin on xx

• chels1315
    Beginner August 2015
    chels1315 ·
    • Hide content

Im a august 2015 bride Smiley smile and super excited but impatient for it to hurry up lol.

so far we have booked our venue, booked a decoration package (chair covers, starlight dance floor etc), booked our photographer and cars. and found THE dress.

MIL has her own cake business so our cake is a present and going to be a surprise.

My nan is doing our flowers.

My bridesmaids have offered to pay for their own outfits.

currently saving up jars for my centerpieces as having a country/vintage wedding.

And currently looking for a local dress maker to make my little boy a replica of his daddys army dress uniform

how are you getting on?

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We're the beginning of September, so not too far off!

There was a phase a while back where I thought to myself that it feels like so long away (bearing in mind we've already had venue booked for 18 months!) but then we had some 2016 bookings come in and all of a sudden 2015 feels really close!

I've not come across a video diary from a B2B before. Do you post it on a blog or anything (i'd be interested to follow ?) or is it just for you?

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I'm August 23rd, everyone seems so organised compared to me! So far we've booked the venue and registrar. We've got an appointment with a photogrpher tonight so hopefully will book him, I'm really nervous about this for some reason. I've started making save the dates but that's it for now, I don't really know what else I can do until the summer when I'll start looking at dresses.

• Arrianne87
    Beginner June 2015
    Arrianne87 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies!

We've not yet booked but aiming for August 2015 if we can get availiblity! We're seeing 2 venues when I get back from NYC that I'm really excited about! So I've got my fingers & toes crossed one of them will be available!

After that I'm not sure what to do! Although I haven't asked my maids to be maids yet so I suppose I can get on with that! Going to get some lovely cards made, and buy them some nail polishes in our colour scheme! Smiley smile

• Cupcake26
    Beginner August 2015
    Cupcake26 ·
    • Hide content

Hi girls all we've done so far is booked the venue and registrar! Feel a bit behind reading some of these comments lol! Getting the feeling that I may need to book my photographer soonish?

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I'd start looking at photographers, they can get booked up quite quick especially for a Saturday in August.

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I'd start looking at photographers, they can get booked up quite quick especially for a Saturday in August.

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

Every supplier we have spoken to are already quite busy for 2015 and are taking bookings for 2016... so we decided to pay deposit for everyone we want then we kmow we have our first choice suppliers..forgot to say have booked my make up and hair artist and had my hair trial/make up trial with her. Will get her back for brideamaids nxt year xx

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yep, the sooner the better really. We're fairly booked up for 2015 already and have 3 bookings for 2016 at the moment. Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays in summer fill up pretty quickly.

With almost 18 months though, you should be absolutely fine ?

• Bubbahumpska
    Beginner August 2015
    Bubbahumpska ·
    • Hide content

Fingers crossed I should be August 2015 too Smiley laugh Just gotta book our venue Smiley laugh xx

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    spain202 ·
    • Hide content

Deleted post

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    spain202 ·
    • Hide content

Deleted post

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    spain202 ·
    • Hide content

Deleted post

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    spain202 ·
    • Hide content

Deleted post

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    spain202 ·
    • Hide content

Deleted post

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

That's a lovely idea! I wish i'd thought to do something similar when we first started planning. Probably a tad late for us now as we don't have much left to do.

The last 18 months have gone sooooo fast though. It doesn't feel like we've been planning that long at all. If the next 18 months goes as quick, it'll be here before we know it!

• JessieRose
    Beginner August 2015
    JessieRose ·
    • Hide content

Hi girls

I'm an August bride too, we're getting married on 8th August, it's my mum and dad's wedding anniversary and OH as well, we're taking it as a good omen that they've both been married 25years.

so far we've got the venue and registrar and are just looking around for a photographer.

OP I'm like you, I'm so impatient just want it to hurry up and come along Smiley smile but thinking how quick it's been since we got engaged I think it'll defo fly by and then I'll be whinging that I've not got enough time!

xx

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    mils123 ·
    • Hide content

Hi! I'm a newbie (although have been lurking for a while) but also an August 2015 bride to be! So far we have the church, reception venue and photographer booked. Got an appointment booked for next month for my first dress trying on session. Had a bit of a butterfly moment last night looking at the dresses I'm wanting to try!

Good luck with all your planning!

• Cupcake26
    Beginner August 2015
    Cupcake26 ·
    • Hide content

Sooo impressed with your organisation!!!

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    spain202 ·
    • Hide content

Deleted post

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

28th August for us! Been engaged for 8 weeks and we have church, reception venue, photographer and stationer sorted! We had our sample Save the Date through the post today; little things like this along with booking venue that make it seem real!

Doesn't bother us at all that its still 18mths away - just want to enjoy being engaged and planning it all! we're both quite organised people and hate feeling rushed, at least with it being next year we have more chance of getting our first choice on suppliers etc - our photographer is fully booked for 2014 and isn't far off hitting 2015 booking limit!

• Cupcake26
    Beginner August 2015
    Cupcake26 ·
    • Hide content

The day before mine!

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

Hello! I am getting married on 1st August 2015 Smiley laugh

So far we have a venue, caterer, TOG and dress. Everything else we are being really rubbish at organising! We are trying to book a meeting with a baker and a potential band, hopefully have them booked next month Smiley laugh

• INEntertainment
    INEntertainment ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

Looking to book your entertainment for 2015? Give INEntertainment a try. Established for over 15 years, we can find you anything you need, band on a budget, acrobatic dance show or arrange an entire entertainment package. We started out in the cruise and international circuit so many of our entertainers are internationally renowned. Also, going through us takes the stress out of booking, we arrange contracts for peace of mind, and deal with with all the details, so you can focus on planning your day.

Drop me an email if you have some ideas you'd like to discuss :-)

Maria - Wedding Entertainment Coordinator at INEntertainment

*********@***************.***

• Cupcake26
    Beginner August 2015
    Cupcake26 ·
    • Hide content

I've got the photographer and hair and make up lady sorted now! And meeting with the florist Saturday! Yay feel a bit more organised now!

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

Yay! Well done cupcake ;-)we have an app with the lady who will make our wedding cupcakes on monday then another app on the following sat for the florist. Also have wedding dress shopping 22nd march!!seeing everyone book stuff now is making it seem.not too far away lol x

• Bubbahumpska
    Beginner August 2015
    Bubbahumpska ·
    • Hide content

Putting the deposit on our venue on Saturday AND I found the shoes I want for a bargain price so went ahead and bought those Smiley laugh Found my bridesmaid dresses, potentially my dress and know who is doing our cupcakes!! Also found most of our decorations and the registrar! I feel productive!!!! xx

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Hi girls! Im getting married 27th August 2015! So excited but feels ages away =( already booked venue (caterers & venue stylists come with venue), registrar, photographer, videographer & DJ. My cousin works for mercedes so he is organising the cars, 2 of my friends are hairdressers & make up artists, a woman i work with has her own cake buisness on the side so she's doing the cake! Next thing on my list is florist. Will start looking for dresses about august time xx

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

Eeek feel like I've done hardly anything, venue and photographer sorted and made the save the dates and that's it. Will have to start thinking about florist and hair and make up next. Can't wait to go dress shopping later in the year. Smiley smile

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Seeing as you're local(ish) to me, which florist are you using?! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics