Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T

Artificial flowers

tryingnottobeabridezilla, 14 of April of 2019 at 14:27 Posted on Planning 0

Hi,

Just wondered if any of you were using artificial flowers? I want to make my own bouquet getting flowers from country baskets. However, MIL and HTB both have concerns about this: they are worried that I will have to find a way to wrap the stems as they will look fake (but I thought this was what you were supposed to do anyway?) and also that the colours or smells wont be as bright/strong. Just wondered if any of you have used artificial flowers in the past and how they came across in photos/how you felt about them on the day?

Thanks Smiley smile

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ยท
    • Hide content

Hi,

To answer your first question - yes, whether they were real or fake, you would probably wrap the stems anyway! I'm having hessian and lace. If you go for artificial, I wouldn't worry about covering the bottom of them - no-one is going to be looking that closely!

Colours - there are some great artificial flowers out there - I've seen great reviews about country baskets! I'm on a DIY brides group on Facebook, and loads of them have made artificial bouquets, and you really can't tell, they look great!

Smell - they obviously won't have that real flower smell, whatever you do to them. How important that is is up to you.

I love real flowers, so I am having real for bouquets but have used artificial to make decorations - I'm going to look into getting my bouquet dried or preserved in some way, so I can enjoy it for years to come. Of course, with artificial flowers you don't need to worry about that - they will always be a lasting momento.

I would get some artificial flowers and make a bouquet, then see how you feel about it. If you like it, great, if not, order real for the day and use the flowers you have in your decor, or just in a vase at home.

Hope this helps! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics