Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner October 2015

Anyone not wearing a bra...?

Stephie, 18 of September of 2015 at 11:36 Posted on Planning 0 12

Sorry, expect a few of these posts leading up to my day now ha ha ? I'm a 32C, but I really hardly have any chest at all, not even a tiny handful! You can actually see more rib than boob. My dress is kind of structured so I wasn't planning on wearing one but a few people have looked at me strangely when I've mentioned this, as though I'm some kind of underwear avoiding harlot!

Is anyone else not wearing a bra?

12 replies

Latest activity by Jayne E, 18 of September of 2015 at 21:27
  • M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsLloyd2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm not and I have 34Es! My dress has booby cups inside, I think most do these days. If it fits and you're supported in your dress then I don't see the need for a bra. Go with what works for you and what is comfortable. I've never gone braless before so it's a new one on me, but my dress is supportive enough x

• K
    Beginner January 2016
    kerrie_jay ·
    • Hide content

Hi - I am the same as you - a 32D apparently but only just about a handful so you wouldn't believe it if you saw me! I'm quite lucky in that I'm getting my dress made by a friend so I'm going to ask her to build in support. I really don't want to wear a strapless bra which is what it would likely to be as I really struggle to find any that fit and actually do anything rather than just sit there covering them. I also find them really uncomfortable and the last thing I want is to be fiddling with it or pulling it up during the day. If your dress fits you then who cares if you're wearing a bra or not - you're unlikely to flash anything! x

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

From photographing 100s of weddings that is one of the things that I have noticed, you have to feel comfortable and safe in your dress which should be designed to fit your shape and support you, constantly grabbing the armpits and "oiking" it up all day is not the best of looks?. Wear a dress that you are going to feel relaxed comfortable in and you will also look better in it.

• Runnergirl
    Beginner November 2015
    Runnergirl ·
    • Hide content

I'm not, including also a 32D but dress is structured enough to have it built in, it's not strapless but it is backless so I couldn't even if I wanted to!

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

I'm a 36DD and Freeboobing. My dress is corseted so everything is held in place that way, though there was a bit of a gap at the top so I now have a boob pillow to just lift everything slightly....

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I'm an F cup and when I bought my dress I asked the woman what kind of bra I should bring for fitting. She said 'oh, you probably won't wear one once it's been fitted.' Result!

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

Freeboobing here Smiley winking

My dress has a sheer back so it's not possible. I'm having bra cups sewn into the front though to give me some oomph, so does that count?

• M
    Beginner October 2015
    misslynx ·
    • Hide content

I am also an F cup and not wearing a bra as I have a corseted dress. It is great not to wear a bra! I even have to push my boobs down as they look too big/too far out there otherwise!

I do a 'boob' test when first in the dress though by leaning forward and then jumping in the air - any jiggling/potential spillage I then adjust for! Lol!

• S
    Beginner October 2015
    Stephie ·
    • Hide content

Freeboobing! I love this!

Thanks ladies, I'm glad it's quite a common thing! I've never found a strapless bra that I've felt comfortable in, they always feel like they're suffocating me and just squash what precious little boob is left ha ha

Freeboobs it is ?

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    shelleyw21 ·
    • Hide content

I was planning to wear a bra as I am very saggy after loosing 6 stone but having read this I'm wondering if I'll need to. I think I'll put off buying any underwear until after my first fitting and see what it's like without one

• S
    Beginner October 2015
    stellarpebbles ·
    • Hide content

I'm not and I'm F/G cup! I've actually just been to my first dress fitting and it was weird not wearing a bra to be honest. I'll can't though as the back is low. I think once it's been altered tight the boning holds everything in! That's what I'm hoping anyway... I'll find out next week!

• S
    Beginner July 2016
    squirlywhirl ·
    • Hide content

I am also not wearing a bra; the dress is strapless and fits so well, I really think it would be impossible to wiggle out of it even during the most vigorous dancing!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

36D. Age 58 and freeboobing lol. It's simply not necessary as the dress has shape and bones. It has a zip back with an extra picce in that laces up that's like a wide bra strap. That holds you all in place before dress is zipped up.

I think most dresses that have cups in or a structured shape and bones in will hold you fine without.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics