Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2020

Any 2020 Brides out there??

SunnyGoldConfetti573, 10 of March of 2017 at 19:32 Posted on Planning 0 68

Hi.

Been looking in here for ages Finally got the ring a couple of years ago and now we have set our date ??????

We are just sorting it with our chosen Church ?? then all go go go I hope. Looking at July 2020. Am I too early to plan or anyone else in same year?

Hope to hear from you lovely lot Oh and I'm a North East Bride

eeeeeek!!!!

xx

68 replies

Latest activity by AugustBride1994, 30 of May of 2019 at 16:41
  • MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

I got engaged last year and started dabbling with ideas but only just booked anything this year, we're April 6th 2018. x

• Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

You are not alone. I've not got any bookings yet but I've had several enquiries for 2020. The benefit is that you get this years price!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Hi ? I'm sure I've heard 2020 mentioned but it's a little quiet on here at the moment. So until they come back you can peruse everyone elses ideas and get to know people.

• S
    Beginner July 2020
    SunnyGoldConfetti573 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all. It is a little previous but i really want a specific date!

Used to lurk on here a few years back and it was a busy and friendly site.

Seems friendly but not as busy - wonder why?

been lovely reading things and seeing others ideas!

thanks for replies all

xx

• N
    Beginner July 2021
    Natalie_G123 ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

I got engaged in February this year and we are aiming for June 2020. I was a little worried that I was planning all too early but it's very exciting I can't seem to wait!! Xx

• S
    Beginner July 2020
    SunnyGoldConfetti573 ·
    • Hide content

It is so exciting!! To add in the church (which i have hoped to get married in for many years have booked us in - despite bei g 3 years away) Sooooo happy!!

starting to look at venues in April as some fayres on

i started a pintrest board too but just want Everything on our day ha ha

thank you all

xx

• L
    Beginner June 2020
    LuxuriousYellowCars749 ·
    • Hide content

Thought I was the only one crazy enough to want to start planning for 2020!! Glad I've found some like minded people. I've got my SILs wedding in may and then I'm going to start pricing things up so I have a rough idea of what kind of budget we will need!! Very excited!! I've been waiting 11 years for this

• L
    Beginner June 2020
    LuxuriousYellowCars749 ·
    • Hide content

I thought I was the only one crazy enough to be planning for 2020.. it seems so far away!!

So so glad I've found some like minded people!!

O

• S
    Beginner July 2020
    SunnyGoldConfetti573 ·
    • Hide content

Yay!! A couple of us so it's exciting and sure more will soon join. We have decided on a venue - just need to sort (the large) deposit - urgh! Everything is so pricey when W is in front!

excited to share your journeys!

SGC

• N
    Beginner July 2021
    Natalie_G123 ·
    • Hide content

Everything is so much more expensive when the word wedding is involved!! Struggling to find venues that we love that aren't too expensive. What are everyone's budgets? We're aiming for £20,000 but finding it so hard to stick to it!! How many people have you all got on your guest list. We've got 115 for the day (was hoping for a much smaller wedding but both have a lot of family)!!

Xx

• E
    Beginner May 2020
    ExpensiveIvoryBridesmaid45978 ·
    • Hide content

Hey fellow 2020 Brides!

We got engaged in February and have booked our date for 28th May 2020. I'm an event planner in my day job so i am a true believer in you can never start too early :-)

Hope you are all having fun planning and getting ideas for your big days xx

• SunnyOrangeDecor81461
    Beginner June 2020
    SunnyOrangeDecor81461 ·
    • Hide content

H

• L
    Beginner March 2020
    LuxuriousGreenConfetti64128 ·
    • Hide content

I'm a 2020 bride too! Recently got engaged and looking for two years time - hoping to book somewhere in the next few months. With a deposit to get together and so many things to decide on I don't think we could have done it sooner! Nice to enjoy being engaged and hopefully have a (relatively) stress free engagement by making the most of two years.

Exciting times ahead! xx

• P
    Curious April 2020
    pearlycat210 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we are April 2020, and I've already booked all the big things, and asked bridesmaids (my mum thinks it's too early to ask for bridesmaids)

• L
    Beginner February 2020
    LouiseAnn ·
    • Hide content

We booked last year for February 2020 and although I've been trying not to get too over-excited it's hard not to start looking at ideas and planning already! Plus everyone keeps asking if we've got any further with the wedding plans so it would be rude not to talk about it! ?

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

If you want a certain date then book it as you will lose it. My daughter had set her heart on a date but even 2 years ahead she still lost the venue she really wanted.

• E
    Beginner April 2020
    ExpensiveYellowConfetti853 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I am new here!

we got engaged Mother’s Day weekend two years ago and have decided on a wedding date of April 2020. Ideally in Easter holidays as my Mam is a teacher and I have two children, one of which will be in school by then, so would be nice for my Mam to come down and help out in the lead up.

i live in south london/Surrey borders and my god it’s expensive!!! We have an open day booked and a visit for somewhere else on 8th april. Waiting on arranging a visit for another venue but they are being difficult about when we can view.

how have people found getting good prices for venues? They seem to increase significantly every year, hoping to get a decent deal

• H
    Beginner August 2020
    HappyPurpleHair12635 ·
    • Hide content

I got engaged last week and have already started researching and planning our August 2020 wedding in Kent! It’s all so exciting and sometimes terrifyingly expensive!

I’m a very diy person, so it gives me lots of time to prepare and plan. I’ve started drying rose petals already so I can have lots of natural confetti on the day!

• E
    Beginner April 2020
    ExpensiveYellowConfetti853 ·
    • Hide content

Drying rose petals?! How do you do this and how do you store them?

So we booked our venue, paid the deposit and booked the registrar ? eeek. *** just got real. We infact went for a venue which we had almost ruled out, we saw it at the open day and were put off it. Then did a viewing and loved it!

• EastLondonBride
    Beginner June 2021 North London
    EastLondonBride ·
    • Hide content

Hi There

Engaged in February and planning a July 2020 wedding ?

So much to think about but looking for a venue first. We're looking in London and everything do expensive!

Also don't know how we'll be able to get the guest list down.

A

• A
    Beginner August 2020
    AugustDisneybride ·
    • Hide content

Hi there fellow brides-to-be!

My fiancé and I got engaged in June 2016 and last week we booked our wedding venue for Saturday 1st August 2020! We are so excited and we're really enjoying the whole process of planning and booking our wedding and honeymoon.

J

• E
    Beginner May 2020
    Elphie_2020 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all!

First time using this forum!

We booked 2 weeks ago for the 7th May 2020 (2 years today and I will be a mrs! Eeeeeek!) Our venue seems to go up by £2k a year, so that was a bit of a sting, but we absolutely fell in love with it.

Sadly I think I've lost a bridesmaid already (We asked them at our engagement party in January) but that's okay, her true colours have come out! All the others are really excited! We're planning a get together for the girls in July and H2B has one booked in with all his groomsmen and best man in June. Keen to get everyone together and know each other so there's no awkwardness on the hen/stag!

It's going to come round so quickly even though it feels so far away! xxx

• H
    Beginner March 2020
    hannahlaurenxo ·
    • Hide content

We got engaged in March, in Paris (he's such a hopeless romantic), had an engagement party the day after we got home and started researching immediately. From the people i've spoken to (my cousin got married early April) the more time the better! and the sooner you start looking, the better prices you'll get (everything goes up each year) and you're more likely to get the suppliers you want.

We booked our wedding venue and registrar for 8th March 2020 and I already cannot wait. We're looking at photographers, florists, DJ's... we figured if we're paying deposits now we can spread the cost out over the 2 years!

I've already told 2/3 bridesmaids who are over the moon, one left to tell. Funnily enough, my parents are more interested in their next holiday and making sure the wedding doesn't clash with them - not the other way round, so I will not be involving them in planning as they haven't offered any help ? funny how people react totally differently than you expected!

Also keen to do some DIY seeing as we have a lot of time.... if i could book everything tomorrow i would!!

xxx

• K
    Beginner June 2018
    Kellydooey0921 ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

We got engaged in July 2016 and started looking for the venue a couple of days later. My besty got married in Sep 2015, she told me that everything went up year by year. It can save you a lot if you prepare everything at an earlier time. My wedding date is on 19 June 2018. Sooooo excited!!! ?

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveOrangeConfetti59552 ·
    • Hide content

I'm a 2020 bride, we have booked a date in September.

So far we have booked the venue, registrar, photographer and band. It seems a lot for something so far off but planning in advance means we won't be disappointed with things being booked up. I've booked the things that we prioritised now we can forget about it for a little while.

• P
    Beginner July 2022 Nottinghamshire
    PirateWench ·
    • Hide content

Yup yup, me too!

We've been engaged for a year and honest to god I wasn't bothered about when we got married, but we recently attended a wedding and the couple were so in love and we kept commenting to each other what we would or wouldn't do differently and it inspired us to start planning ours.

Well, now you can't stop me, I don't care if it's 2 years away! ? I'm with ya, plan away! Nothing wrong in that!

• S
    Beginner May 2020
    SunnyPurpleBrides03 ·
    • Hide content

Another 2020 bride here! ?

We got engaged last week and we're already looking at venues etc. So excited to get all our friends and family together for a celebration that I wanted to start planning ASAP lol.

We're looking at May 2020.

• X
    x-baybee-sammi-x ·
    • Hide content

I'm a 2020 bride. Looking at venues and prices now. Hoping to go to a wed i h fair next Friday at one of them anyone asked bridesmaids yet my mum's not into the whole wedding planning been looking on longest and eba y anyways to ask my best friend so I can drag her to weddin g fairs and venues looking

Sam

• BigYellowTaxi
    Curious August 2022
    BigYellowTaxi ·
    • Hide content

Hopefully April 202 here!!

I've only been engaged a week but its fun to just take a look, at the moment were just scoping out what our options are really.

the whole All in venue VS Ceremony & Reception in separate is strife right now!

• X
    x-baybee-sammi-x ·
    • Hide content

We just got engaged and chose a date of 9th May 2020. I wanna get church and venue booked and look around the other half isn't bothered though. It's his 2me wedding out my 1at hoping to speak to my best friend about being laid of honour and drag her into it with me

• J
    Beginner May 2020
    JosLes ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I'm a 2020 bride too! ?

• S
    Beginner August 2019
    SecondTimeBlueBride ·
    • Hide content

We are looking at August 2020 *waves*

You voted for . Add a comment 👇