Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

2BMrsC
Beginner May 2017

2BMrsC's VERY flash heavy report!

2BMrsC, 30 of May of 2017 at 22:14 Posted on Planning 0 28

Well, we have our official photos back, so here it comes ladies- my flash heavy report on our fantastic wedding on May 13th!

I'd strongly suggest grabbing a cuppa or a glass of wine if you're planning to read as well as look at the pictures! ?

A Brief History of Us!

I'll keep this as brief as possible, as I'm sure it's not interesting to anyone else! My Husband and I 'met', quite by chance, on an internet forum for people giving up cigarettes using e-cigs. It was a big forum, well over 6000 members, and an international one... so the chances of me messaging the moderator who lived five miles down the road for advice and us getting on so well were slim!

We chatted online for a few weeks before meeting in the flesh for the first time on November 13th 2013 at 13.30hrs.

To cut a long story short and get to the point, we were pretty much inseparable from that day on, barring a few minor hiccups, and moved in together within six months.

I'd always sworn I'd never get married, and when my OH asked my Mum for her blessing to ask me, she warned him I'd probably say no... but clearly as I'm writing this report, on July 26th 2015, I said yes! This was our 'engagement photo'... taken by my Mum on my phone!

Planning for our big day began in earnest fairly quickly and we booked our venue and then I spent the next 18 months making things, booking things, and, if my OH is to be believed, spending 'far too much money on one day' ?

The Couple of Weeks Before.

I went down with a stinking cold at the end of April , so though I wasn't supposed to finish work until May 2nd, I ended up being off sick and feeling terrible from April 30th. The first week in May is a bit of a blur- I spent most of it in bed- I've never had a cold like it- in retrospect I think it was probably actually Flu, so my planned 'finishing off' was put on hold.

Luckily, I had pretty much finished all my 'DIY' projects, but there were other things I should have done, like meet with the TOG and VOG, which didn't happen. In the end, it really didn't matter despite my stress levels going through the roof!

The final week was actually quite chilled out, until the Thursday and Friday when it all started to feel VERY real!

On the Thursday I went to view our cake, which I had ordered as a surprise for my OH- when asked if there was anything HE wanted specifically for our big day, he replied 'Minions on the cake, Bess (our Spaniel) to be there and a cow! He was joking about the cow, winding me up about the minions but deadly serious about the dog. Sadly I didn't think it was possible to have the dog there so I ordered the cake as a surprise... from the front, it was a stunning 'traditional' cake...

...but it was on a revolving stand, and the back....

If you look closely, you can see our Spaniel is featured right next to my Minion groom, and our other three dogs (mine and Mum's really!) featured on the next layer down!

On the day before the wedding we went to the venue to deliver all our decorations, which they did an amazing job of setting up for us and then my Mum and I went to have our nails done, before I went back to our venue to spend my last night as a 'Miss' alone with a bottle of wine!

I had absolutely no nerves at all, really enjoyed my night alone in our luxurious bridal suite, with it's massive bed and spa bath! I didn't sleep particularly well, but that isn't unusual, as I rarely sleep well at home, let alone in a strange bed!

This is taking longer than I thought it would and I'm paranoid about losing it, so next post for the big day!

28 replies

Latest activity by MetalBride, 2 of November of 2017 at 20:15
  • 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

The Big Day!

I was awake early, because my alarm went off, not because I was nervous and felt remarkably calm! I decided to take the advice of a fellow hitcher and have a walk around the grounds before breakfast- great advice whoever it was, it was lovely to get some fresh air and 'wake up' to the fact that it was my Wedding Day!

The weather wasn't looking great, but I couldn't have cared less- our day was finally here!

Our venue was amazing, they brought me breakfast to my room and checked I was OK and not long after I'd had my (lovely!) Sausage and Egg sarnie, my hair and make up artist arrived and began the process of transforming me from a tired looking middle aged woman into a bride!

I remained really calm at this point, chatting to Dren (Hair and Makeup By Dren, highly recommended and I think on the Hitched lists!) about everything and anything, including the bowel habits of brides (don't ask!!) and then my Mum and my MOH/Bridesmaid arrived and suddenly the nerves kicked in!

Whilst my MOH was having her hair and make up done, I buzzed around the venue in my PJ's with my Mum, checking on my decorations and generally being a bit bridezilla before returning to our room to finish off getting ready. By this time our TOG had also arrived so the pics started! I have no idea what Mum and I were laughing about here!!

Here are a few more TOG shots for you...

My shoes...

..and my home-decorated Crocs for when my feet started screaming!

My MOH having her make up done...

and my dress hanging up ready....

Meanwhile, my H2B had arrived, and my TOG had gone to get some pics of him whilst us girls got changed....

Before long it was time to get into my dress...

..and have finishing touches to my makeup!

With the ceremony at 1pm, we made great time and were all ready by about 12... so there was time for some pics before the registrar arrived....

With Mum...

and with MOH...

To be continued.....!

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

By this time our guests were of course arriving, and were greeted by our beautiful venue.... and a significant improvement in the weather!

Our florist had also been and had done an amazing job, including a garland round the front door!

Our venue really was amazing and the staff had done a fantastic job of setting everything up just as we wanted it, and making suggestions such as using the 'reception' flowers in the ceremony room and arranging it all...

Ceremony Room:

Our signing frame, post box, table plan etc in their 'first' position to be seen when the guests arrived... all made/decorated by me!

The reception room:

One of the guest tables...

The wish tree I made... (the other decorations were moved to this area before the Breakfast- not that anyone saw them being moved, I swear those staff were ninjas!!)

My confetti cones ready to be handed out....

...and the 'reserved' signs I made for VIP's all in the right places!

And so, with everything perfect, and the guest assembly music playing, it was time for my MOH to precede me down the aisle....

Sorry folks, you'll all have to wait until tomorrow for the rest! This is taking way longer than I thought it would and I have to go to bed now! Smiley winking

• disneyfanatic95
    Dedicated June 2017
    disneyfanatic95 ·
    • Hide content

This is amazing so far! Looking forward to the restSmiley heart

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Ooh you tease, stopping there! I'm loving reading this, I've so loved watching all your planning take place over the months. The back of your cake is AMAZING! And you look so beautiful & excited xxx

MORE MORE MORE!

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

Nooo!! I hate a cliff hanger :p Can't wait to see the rest, it looks amazing xxx

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

I'm too impatient!

Get this finished! Smiley tongue

Looks lovely so far Smiley laugh

x

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I'll do my best to finish it tonight!!

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I'm back and was planning to finish this, but for some reason only one of the photos I have put up so far are showing for me, so I'm not sure if there is any point in putting any more up!

Can everyone else see them? Not sure if it's a problem with my computer or the photos!

• R
    Dedicated July 2017
    RomanticBrownFlowers354 ·
    • Hide content

I can see lots of photos so I think they are all working - definitely continue with the pics! Waiting with much anticipation for your entrance.

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

OK, assuming that everyone else can see the photos even though I can't, I'll carry on! I think the last photo was of my MOH/Bridesmaid preceding me down the aisle?! In which case this came next.....

The expression on my face is due to desperately trying (and failing!) to hold back the tears of emotion! I gave up in the end and just let them flow!

This is the amazing shot our TOG's 17 year old assistant took of my OH's face as he turned to look at me...

Then we did it...we damn well got married!!

More to come if you can bear it!

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

So those of you who were paying attention will recall there were three things my Husband said he wanted at the wedding.... Minions on the cake we have covered... THIS is what happens when you secretly arrange for the (amazing!) kennels you've reluctantly put your dog into to turn up as a surprise for your groom on your big day!

Two out of three of his wishes wasn't bad going, was it? Besides which, a cow? How the hell was I supposed to arrange that?!!

Moving on....

Confetti anyone?

Whilst our guests enjoyed some prosecco and canapes, we had our group shots and couple shots done... see next post!

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I won't bore you with all the group shots, but here are some of my favourites from the groups, couple and bridal portraits...

And then, just when my Husband didn't think his day could get any better.....

(To be continued...!)

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, I got a nervous feeling in my stomach for you when I saw the walking up the aisle photos!

And another cliffhanger - naughty woman!

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

MrsC, we need to get you some coffee or something.

STOP DOING THIS TO US!!

Talk about milking it Smiley tongue

Xx

• disneyfanatic95
    Dedicated June 2017
    disneyfanatic95 ·
    • Hide content

Oh no another cliff hanger ? reading this is really getting me excited and nervous for mine. I'm loving this so far Smiley heart

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What I need is a decent internet connection- it takes about 5 minutes to upload each photo on our shockingly slow connection- and then when they do upload, I can't see them!!

I will I'll try to do the rest tonight!!

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

Oh my goodness! This is a brill report and way too much suspense!!

All your diys look amazing and you look stunning in your dress, I'm also in love with your hair colour *hearteyes*, I may have to take a picture with me to my next hair appointment and ask for it!!

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

Right, sorry for the delay... no internet ALL DAY today- the joy of rural Somerset!

Now, where was I? Oh yes, just when Hubby didn't think it could get any better, and just as we were saying 'two out of three ain't bad'.....

In wanders Daisy.....!

Now clearly I did NOT organise this, though I may not have bothered to tell my Husband that her presence wasn't down to me immediately- his face was a picture- he looked at me in awe and said 'how the HELL did you organise that?!!!'

We have some hilarious guest photos of us killing ourselves laughing- not only at her casually wandering down the drive, but at the farmer who arrived, with baler twine tied round his trousers in true Somerset style, huffing and puffing and swearing to herd her back out!

After our photos, which were done remarkably quickly, we had a lovely 'spare 45mins'. The staff offered to start the receiving line and wedding breakfast early, but it was so lovely in the garden we decided to stick to the original time line. I'm so glad we did, it was lovely to have time to mingle with our guests and just 'stop' and take it all in!

Before long though, it was time and after the cringeworthy experience of the 'Receiving line' (I have no idea why we thought that was a good idea!) it was time for us to enter the reception room as Mr & Mrs..

The meal was amazing, especially given that they were serving three different starters, three different mains and three different desserts AND a kids choice- everything was hot and fresh and beautifully cooked and presented.

Then it was time for speeches- Mum and my Husband did one each, both of which reduced me to tears... then it was my turn....

I don't know exactly which bit of my speech this was, but I suspect it was the bit where I insulted my big brother's dreadlocks as this was the reaction amongst our guests...!!

After the breakfast we had another 'break' - this one deliberate- and some people went to change or have a rest and some local folks popped home to check animals/shut in poultry etc.

Naturally we did this.....

...and got my old Mum on there too...

Inevitably some of my friends joined in and it got a bit messy...

The bouncy castle was absolutely brilliant- everyone had a go and everyone enjoyed it... we even let the kids to get on it for some of the time too Smiley winking

Before long it was time for the evening celebrations to start and we did the whole cake cutting and dreaded first dance thing....

After that we had an hour of mingling, dancing, chatting and generally wonderful time with our friends and family before it was time for the Evening food- we had a massive cheese tower cake (still eating cheese now!) and a hog roast...

We also had a chocolate fountain, which I'm told was divine, though I didn't actually get any of that or the hog roast... sadly no one got a photo of the chocolate fountain!

Inevitably after the food, some of our guests started to leave and from about 10.30pm all I seemed to be doing was saying Goodbye and thanks for coming to people.. though I did manage to hit the dance floor a few times! My husband on the other hand got collared by his work colleagues, 'forced' to drink many, many shots and had to be poured into bed at midnight... where he remained, practically unconscious until the morning!

Unfortunately that left ME to be the one to stay up to the bitter end seeing our guests off and then when I finally did go to bed, my 'Nurse' self kicked in and I couldn't sleep for fear of what might happen to my supremely drunk Husband if I did!

It was a fabulous day and the venue's bedrooms were full of our guests, so we got to see lots of them at breakfast too, which was lovely... but it flew by far too fast and I want to do it ALL again!!

That's it folks, my protracted and very long report is complete... I'll leave you with one final image, which, for now at least, I think is my favourite... Mr & Mrs C against the world....

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

You're more than welcome to pinch a pic or two for your hairdresser- just bear in mind my natural hair is almost entirely grey underneath!!

These shots might be better for getting an idea of the colour for your stylist...

• disneyfanatic95
    Dedicated June 2017
    disneyfanatic95 ·
    • Hide content

That was lovely! Looked like it was a lovely day! Smiley heart

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Yay! Worth the wait Smiley smile

Fabulous

xxx

• K
    Beginner August 2017
    katiepoppycat ·
    • Hide content

It all looks so much fun! I LOVE your us against the world - may pinch that idea Smiley smile Your shoes are delicious. Many congratulations xx

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Ah, it was worth the wait! So pleased for you all over again. Love the bouncy castle! xx

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Really loved reading your report, looks like a beautiful and happy day Smiley smile Congratulations!

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

I loved reading your report! I love the cw that is just brilliant and your cake is amazing!

You look stunning! Smiley smile

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

I loved reading your report! I love the cow that is just brilliant and your cake is amazing!

You look stunning! Smiley smile

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

Very funny report, the story flowed wonderfully.

Love the random cow, both you and your husband look absolutely lovely. Everyone looks like they had so much fun.

Congratulations to you both.

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

Eek! I loved reading this - I missed it in my Hitched Hiatus! Congratulations it looks like you had an amazing day and you looked stunning. I love the appearance of Daisy! xxx

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Love your report :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics