Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner June 2015

When will Weddings resume?

ExpensiveRedStationery222, 4 of June of 2020 at 09:17 Posted on Feedback to Hitched 0 1

Has anyone got any info on when weddings will resume? We are set to get married on 4th July 2020 in a remote country church. The COE don’t know it can go ahead. It’s just ridiculous. How can we get the Government to come up with a plan?

1 replies

Latest activity by KateDPlanBWedding, 17 of June of 2020 at 11:25
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I know that in the UK the churches are lobbying the government to allow small weddings (i.e. just two witnesses) and there are suggestions that this will be allowed in England from early July. Scotland is also in the same time frame. Northern Ireland is already allowing small outdoor weddings. Wales is refusing to discuss when weddings might resume at all.

If you haven't already done so, I would advise writing to your MP with your concerns.

• K
    Beginner August 2020
    KateDPlanBWedding ·
    • Hide content

We're doing a church wedding in August and stressed at whether we'll be able to have anyone attend - I can't imagine how stressed you are!

From all my reading it looks like if they do go ahead it will be small and based on their reduction for weddings to max of 5 (couple, witnesses and rev) at the start of this, I cant imagine many will be able to sit in the church and watch. We're trying to work out how to live stream it to guests at our home where we're hoping we can have the reception.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics