Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2020

Covid 19 wedding

LuxuriousYellowFlowers73958, 13 of May of 2020 at 09:32 Posted on Planning 0 1

Dear all

im not sure whether this is the best place to post but I’m so stuck with moving forward (as I’m sure many of us are.)

im supposed to be getting married on August 22nd this year however I have literally no idea whether to postpone at this point or not. We booked our venue, music,food,bride and bridesmaid dresses very quickly however by the time we looked into insurance Covid 19 was around and therefore for obvious reasons we were unable to get insurance. We have no idea what to do moving forward. Any thoughts or suggestions much appreciated xxx

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticIvoryCars27045, 18 of May of 2020 at 21:18
  • HappyBlueConfetti82011
    Beginner September 2020
    HappyBlueConfetti82011 ·
    • Hide content

Hi lovely,

Similar situation, we’re due to get married mid-September. We’re just about to push the button on postponing to September 2021. Our venue will only let us have like for like hence moving that far in advance but to be honest I would still probably have moved it that far ahead given the choice. I just don’t think we will have the day we planned this year and I want all this to be a distant memory by the time our big day comes around.

We’ve had to do a lot of persuading with the venue to allow us to move but I can’t tell you the relief I feel now I know we can push it back. I just keep telling myself we’re still getting married, we’ve just got to wait a little longer, and it’ll be even better next year after all the stress of 2020!

It’s a heartbreaking decision and has not been an easy one so I totally know what you’re going through. You never know things might go back to normal but I just couldn’t cope with the stress of not knowing and living in limbo. I think the reality this year will be socially distanced weddings with reduced numbers, spacing of tables etc. so I guess it’s just whether you’d be prepared to compromise.

Good luck whatever you decide and I really hope it works out for you! These things do have a way of working themselves out in the end xxx

• R
    Beginner August 2020
    RomanticIvoryCars27045 ·
    • Hide content

Hey we're also supposed to be getting married on the same day! Can completely understand how difficult it is with all the uncertainty going on at the moment. Having a religious ceremony is important to us, so our personal decision has been to still get married that day with just our immediate families (and hopefully a couple of friends each!), and postpone the big celebration with friends and family until next year. That way our life together can start as planned, and hopefully next year or the year after we'll be able to plan a party with all the people who are dear to us.

I would check with your venue and suppliers if they're happy to postpone until next year - lots of places are being much more flexible with their cancellation terms due to the situation. It would probably look very different this year to your plans - so it's about what's important to you, whether it's worth pushing ahead this year or delaying until a time where you can have it as you've imagined it. All the best!xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics