Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Curious June 2022 Cambridgeshire

Coronavirus - should we postpone wedding?

Expensivepurplebridesmaid50886, 17 of March of 2020 at 22:55 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hello,

We are getting married in June of this year. None of suppliers have cancelled on us and are saying they are all still planning to go ahead with our wedding. We have some concerns about the the current health situations and of it affecting our guests. We have a few elderly and vulnerable guests attending. We would feel absolutely terrible if they were to fall sick after the wedding or anything were to happen to them after. We have asked them how they feel about attending and they have all said that at the moment they would feel nervous to come. One of these guests being my h2bs mum.

We are really unsure what to do as we specifically chose to get married on mid summers day so we would really like to keep that day.

Is anyone else getting married with in the next few months? If so, are you going ahead or are you postponing?

10 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 15:37
  • D
    Missouri
    Dany ·
    • Hide content

I also have a friend who is going to get married this coming July, they are still pushing thru with the date and none of the suppliers have cancelled too. I guess June and July is a much safer date

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

18th June here - at the moment, we have no plans to cancel; we're just waiting to see what the situation is like then. Total shutdown only seems to be lasting 2-3 months in other countries, but they have handled it very differently to the UK, so we may end up shut down for longer.

If we can, we will marry even if it's just the two of us, our witnesses & minister. But we may not have the option. Church in Wales have cancelled all weddings taking place in their buildings until the end of July, so other venues may follow soon. We are both very sad as although our wedding is a small budget affair (28 guests), we put so much thought & care into planning it. But at the same time, we are conscious that a cancelled wedding is trivial compared to what so many others are going through.

• W
    Beginner June 2021
    Windsorbridetobe ·
    • Hide content

We were 27th June and have postponed to next year, I wanted to enjoy the build up where as it was just making me sad and stressed at the moment when I really just wanted to focus on supporting family and friends. We decided to move to next year as we don't know how long this situation will go on for and didn't want to risk having to postpone twice! Moving to next year now means hopefully ur suppliers are free which is great, ours all moved for free apart from the venue which is charging more Smiley sad

Good luck only you know what's best for u x

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Note that even if a registrar or church says no more weddings until (insert time) it's something they will roll back on very quickly when this is over.

If the government announce in a months time 'We're all infected anyway now' and lift the restrictions the registrars aren't going to stick to their original plan of closing out until July.

• S
    Sanjeev-Nanda-official ·
    • Hide content

HI,

My daughter was due to get married on 23rd March, 2020. Due to the untimely Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, a formal, which was on the 1st of March, was a ghost town, as people did not wish to congregate in large numbers. The wedding too, was cancelled duly, yet the venue organizers haven't reimbursed us one penny. I will file a litigation against them as soon as this epidemic is abated. Meanwhile, I urge anybody planning their wedding this year to HOLD OFF!! These are really unpredictable times.

Thank you

• R
    • Hide content

It's the very fact that these are unpredictable times that make me & my fiance want to marry more than ever.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Amongst all the uncertainty your post made me stop, I had to reply. Beautiful ❤️

• E
    ExpensiveIvoryStationery45636 ·
    • Hide content

That's very touching. If the local allows you then you should, but be sure to take the measures to prevent and avoid the virus.

• R
    • Hide content

Thank you, we will! If weddings are permitted by our date, we will get married, even if it's only the two of us plus our witnesses. While we would love to marry as we planned to, in front of our closest family & friends, the most important thing to us is starting our new life together.

• S
    Sanjeev-Nanda-official ·
    • Hide content

Having a congregation under the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic is highly dangerous, according to the WHO. Your organizers would not want to lose on their money, hence they want to go on with the date. However, i would urge you not to, for the safety of your family, friends, and the community.
    Thank you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics