Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Curious June 2022 Cambridgeshire

Guests not sending rsvps back

Expensivepurplebridesmaid50886, 4 of March of 2020 at 11:22 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi there! I’m looking for some advice and if anyone else has experienced this. Me and my fiancé sent our wedding invitations back in January and have asked for the rsvps to be sent back by 1st April. We have a few weeks to go yet but we are still waiting for over half of our wedding guests to respond. When we first sent them back we had a wave of people sending them back straight away. Now it’s gone a bit quiet and we are still waiting on family members and friends to get back to us.

Do we leave it, not say anything and take it that the guests that haven’t replied don’t want to come or should we get in touch with them and ask for them to respond ASAP as we need to let out caterers know how many we’re catering for and what food they would like the week after 1st April

thanks in advance!

6 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveIvoryCakes56071, 13 of March of 2020 at 18:38
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think you should be chasing people for replies until the RSVP date - if you are talking to them anyway, you could always mention the wedding and ask if they know if they're coming yet, but otherwise, you just have to wait. There may be all kinds of reasons why they haven't replied yet, and they do have nearly a month to go before the deadline.

If you need to let the caterers know the numbers now, why did you set an RSVP date of 1st April?

• E
    Curious June 2022 Cambridgeshire
    Expensivepurplebridesmaid50886 ·
    • Hide content

I never said we need to let the caterers know now. I’m just worried that we have 4 weeks left to receive 50 more rsvps and we haven’t heard anything. I’m asking if it’s best to prompt them sending the RSVP back now or whether to leave it and take it that no RSVP means they aren’t attending.

• P
    Beginner June 2020
    PawtahH ·
    • Hide content

I would leave it for now....and then maybe a week before the deadline give a gentle nudge to remind people that they need to respond by 1st April. Some people might still be working out if they can make it but u don't want to risk upsetting or offending people if it's slipped their minds by just assuming they're a no.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Ah, ok, when you said "should we get in touch with them and ask for them to respond ASAP as we need to let out caterers know" I assumed that you needed to let them know before 1st April. If you don't have to let caterers know until after your RSVP deadline, then I'd just wait. Lots of our guests replied very close to the deadline and a couple even replied on the final day!

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn’t do anything just now. 4 weeks is still a fair bit of time.

• B
    Beginner October 2020
    BurntOrangeNowhere2BSeen ·
    • Hide content

I totally get your pain and annoyance. But before planning our wedding I never quite understood the rush... Well never will I make a couple wait again! :p

I want to know now, regardless of how much time I've given them. I'd only give a weeks notice if that was acceptable ha ha!

On a serious note though, I think RSVP are a little dated, in a way that people just don't seem to mail things anymore, everything is text, email and online. So, we're not giving the option. We're doing ours via a website, in hope to speed it up...But I'm sure we will be in the same boat.

Definitely send a text or polite phone call reminder. Sometimes people get carried away with the wonders of life and forget or just assume you know they're coming. Smiley smile

Good luck!

• E
    Beginner April 2020
    ExpensiveIvoryCakes56071 ·
    • Hide content

I didn’t have a RSVP date on my invitations as it was all done rather quickly. We only received rsvps back from the groomsmen! I had to chase everyone else on Facebook etc to let me know. All I said was I needed to confirm numbers for food etc etc. People will understand. Some people may have forgotten and you don’t want to risk leaving it too late for them to say oh I forgot and can’t get time off or babysitters

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics