Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R

Plus one for mother of the groom

RomanticOrangeCakes28908, 23 of January of 2020 at 02:32 Posted on Planning 0 2

I am Mother of the groom to a wedding in May.
I am divorced from my sons father and he has remarried, we are both still on good terms.
I am engaged to my partner of 7 months (11 months by the time of the wedding in May). I received my wedding invite 3 days ago and it is only to myself, which I have found quite upsetting. Siblings of the bride & groom are all bringing girlfriends and boyfriends. My partner has not upset anyone (other than being my partner I think).

I have been told I am wrong to expect him to be with me on this day (it also happens to be my 50th birthday that weekend, no-one remembered it was my birthday when wedding was planned)

Am I wrong to think he should be with me or am I being petty?

2 replies

Latest activity by Paula @ Ollievision, 31 of January of 2020 at 16:20
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If the groom's father's wife has been invited, and the couple's siblings are bringing partners, then I definitely think your fiance should be invited. I'd have a chat with your son and ask for his reason not to invite your fiance.

It might be worth pointing out that you would be really sad for your fiance to miss out on your son's wedding, and also that it will mean you being apart from your fiance on your 50th birthday weekend.

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

A lot of brides and grooms seem to think that if they don’t know the person that all that they don’t want them at their wedding! I think that’s awful as it’s not all about them but about their guests having a good time too. I think it’s wrong of them to exclude him.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I agree with you. It's strange considering how other partners have been treated. Also rather hurtful.

If you feel it's too much of a snub then you could arrange a holiday and not go to the wedding at all? Or try to have it out with them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics