Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner April 2020

Help with colour scheme?

gypsybride, 29 of October of 2019 at 13:58 Posted on Planning 0 3

This is my 2nd wedding and I planned my 1st wedding (which was huge) by myself, Im currently waiting for my decree nisi! This wedding is in April and only having 70 people as I feel embarrassed its my 2nd wedding. I cant seem to make any decisions but I cant justify wearing white as obviously Ive been married before and I have kids, I think people will laugh behind my back. I want to wear a gold bridal gown/luxury evening dress, and not pale gold either. But what would bridesmaids wear? I have four bridesmaids age 6, 7, 17, 19. They're very easygoing and will wear anything. I cant decide on a colour scheme for the weddign I think this is the problem. I love pink and gold but not too keen on them together. I thought about a Versace theme and Versace cake but dont want to have too much black in the wedding. Then thought about an Aladdin theme, but is it too childish?

3 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 5 of November of 2019 at 08:54
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If I were you, I'd pick the dress that you want to wear, and go from there. The dress shop may have some ideas of colours and styles that would work well for bridesmaids alongside your dress, whatever colour you choose. Does the groom have any preference on colour?

Although if you would like to wear white, I think you should wear it. Anyone who laughs at you behind your back should not be on the guest list anyway!

• L
    Beginner
    LuxuriousBlueDecor65502 ·
    • Hide content

I think gold and a very pale pink would look lovely. Or you could keep things neutral, for example your dress could be gold/metallic and the bridesmaid dresses a nude/champagne colour. I agree with a previous comment, find your dream dress first and the dress shop can recommend bridesmaid colours.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

The white dress really isn't a "thing" any more - perhaps maybe with your nan !.

I would say that I would only see about 5% of my weddings that have a true white dress, but there are many shades of almost white - some so light that you would need to hold it up to a true white dress to see the difference. Antique white, vintage white, pearl, oyster - the list goes on. But one dress shops antique white will look different to another.

A proper gold sounds fantastic.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics