Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner

Wedding Venues - Kent

Emmarose54321, 8 of October of 2019 at 09:05 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi everyone - I am new to hitched, so please be gentle! I was just wondering whether anyone had any recommendations for venues in Kent. I want it to be a great day, but I do want to try and keep the price down as much as I can. I don’t really have any ideas as of yet as just starting out, so thought it would be nice to get some opinions!!

Much appreciated, Em ??

2 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousGreenHair66000, 25 of October of 2019 at 19:28
  • R
    Beginner May 2016
    RomanticPurpleDiamonds24669 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, didn't want you to be without a response so welcome! I did a lot of research when looking my venue (you can find a list of registered venues on line) and as a rule of thumb, I found barns and hotels were outside of my budget - particularly if you compare 'hidden' charges such as corkage and drinks (if you have a 'pay' bar). If I had my time again, I didn't know enough about celebrants - it costs a lot to have a registrar come to your venue - I would get married in a registry office in a pair of jeans at the cheapest time possible and then use a celebrant to do your ceremony (you also don't have the restrictions that come with using a registrar). I got married at Kent Life Museum (Maidstone) which is really quirky venue. Other contenders were Nurstead Court (near Meopham) and Little Hermitage (near Higham) - both in North Kent. Hope these help. Good luck!

• unwerth
    unwerth ·
    • Hide content

Hi Em

Please see below -

https://www.hendall.co.uk/the-venue/the-stone-barn/
    http://www.brookfieldbarn.co.uk/
    http://weddingbarn-hellingly.co.uk/

• L
    Savvy August 2021
    LuxuriousGreenHair66000 ·
    • Hide content

Me and my fiance lived in Maidstone. We looked at venues very local to us. Here are the ones we looked at:

The Grange Moor Hotel: Good location, centre of Maidstone, Though the room was a bit dank and small, it was cheaper than the others.

Kent Life: Near two hotels, in house caterer is expensive but venue cost is cheap. Its a great venue for an alternative or familes with children, either the couple's children or other family members. We went for this one because of the price and because it has two buildings and it is fairly casual and fun.

The Orangery: Seemed to be the most popular choice. A very appealing airy venue with a posh garden (little bridges, waterfalls, lake and flowers). Perfect for pictures,but not so great if not in the summer due to the appeal being the outdoors.

Leeds Castle: Another popular choice. I really liked this one. We went after booking Kent Life (I wanted to see the castle and its various residences) and I was slightly jealous (although we wouldnt have been able to afford it anyway). They have three choices of wedding packages at different price ranges. For a castle, it is pretty affordable and people come from all over to be married there including USA and China!

We did not see these ones but there is also Rhianos, Allington Castle (mega expensive) and others I can not remember. I hope this helps you.

Tips to reduce venue cost: Go for offpeak, i.e not summer and/or weekend. We saved thousands by booking a wedding in April on a Friday.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics