Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner November 2020

Both Bride & Bridesmaid - Getting Married At The Same Time - Suggestions Needed!!

ClarkToJennerToBe, 18 of September of 2019 at 08:32 Posted on Planning 0

One of my close friends got engaged significantly before me and they opted for a long engagement (2 years). A year later, I also got engaged. This was quite expected as we have both been with our other half’s for a long time. However, myself and my partner wanted a shorter engagement period and to get married about a year later, for a variety of reasons. This means I have now set my date, 2 weeks before my friend’s date, in about a year. I did know this at the time and checked with her first, which she said she was completely happy with. Of course there’s the chance that she is saying it’s fine when it’s not (I do still feel bad about getting married before her!) However, in saying that, we do both have completely separate guests - not one person will be the same except each other and are generally quite chilled people! I am a bridesmaids for her and have ensured her I will 100% be able to do whatever she needs me to still and am purposely going on my honeymoon the following year to ensure I am fully there for her in the lead up to her wedding.

I am now at the stage where I am asking my bridesmaids with the proposal boxes and so I have one ready for her. I would love to add something extra special for her though - something that shows I know she’s going to be a bride and bridesmaid very close together and something that would symbolise or represent us being bride planning twins together! As I am really mindful to not take anything away from her big day and want to get her something that shows this and try to keep it as a fun situation - we are friends who can plan together and this will just make both our days more special! I also want to show it definitely won’t turn into a competition like I’ve seen has happened to some double brides!

So any suggestions of what I can add to her box?!! And also anything we could do together that I could get us tickets for? (We already have a wedding fair booked and she has most things for her wedding plan, so again I would like something that would be helpful for her!) I’m just lost for ideas!! Thank you in advance!!

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Have a look on Etsy - you can buy vintage handkerchiefs - I bought one for my own wedding. Then you could get it embroidered with her name and wedding date in blue - it can be her something old and something blue.

Hope this helps! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics