Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner February 2020

NYC in Feb-footwear and evening entertainment

Wolff.Hall, 15 of August of 2019 at 13:35 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0

Hi all, I’m after some advice regarding getting married in the winter in regards to the attire and generally getting married in NYC. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

We are eloping to NYC in Feb 2020 and with Feb being the coldest winter month (we have other reasons why we are going there in Feb and we decided to tie in getting married there too as it’s been our dream to marry in NYC anyway) I’m now on the hunt for a dress that I will not freeze in. The plan is to wed in Central Park then go on to take some pics and then get something to eat. The query I have is what have those who married in the winter outside wore on their feet? I am looking at white/ivory boots (with woolly tights and socks haha) but also mindful that we will end up doing some walking around so need something comfortable too. Maybe white walking boots? Anyone got any experience/ideas?

Second query is what to do after the meal in the evening? I guess we will probably end up going around some bars, does anyone have any recommendations? We will do a broadway show later on in the week (we are there for 10 days) so probably only looking to do celebratory ish things on the actual day. I can’t do TOTR or Empire State as I’m terrified of heights and lifts (yep irony is not lost on me) unless I’m so plastered I don’t know where I am but then what’s the point. Anything anyone can suggest/recommend? Thank you all!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics