Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2022

Balancing guest numbers

SunnyPinkFlowers83597, 5 of August of 2019 at 21:52 Posted on Planning 0 3

The venue we've chosen has a maximum number of guests for the ceremony as 70. I have a small family, and once adding friends I only get to around 25 guests. However, my partners family is huge. He could easily fill all 70 spaces just with his family, let alone friends and kids.

How have others balanced numbers as I feel mean asking him to reduce invites yet not do it myself, but if we both do it then numbers on my side will be very low.

3 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousGreenHair66000, 10 of August of 2019 at 12:13
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

I think it's important to remember Quality over Quantity.

Your H2B might be able to fill all 70, but does he want everyone of those there?

Similarly, don't feel that you need to have all 25 of yours, or add extras on that you actually aren't fussed about.

If you want all of your 25, go for it, and if your chap wants the remaining 50, let him go for it. I don't think it's necessary to balance the numbers, as long as he's not inviting randoms just to make the numbers up.

Hope this helps! X

• E
    Beginner October 2019
    ExpensivePinkBridesmaid40725 ·
    • Hide content

I think you have to be a bit ruthless when sorting out your numbers. We always wanted a small wedding and to be honest neither of us have huge family's or lots of friends. We decided to have close family and literally 3 or 4 friends to the ceremony and wedding breakfast totalling 30. Then we have invited our extended family and cousins and work colleagues to the evening to make 70ish. I had a rule that I was only inviting people I genuinely couldn't imagine my big day without, and it worked. Maybe your other half could think like that?

• W
    Beginner June 2020
    Weddingbee123 ·
    • Hide content

I know it’s super hard, but I agree with others here you should get to invite all 25 of your guests if you really want them there... could you maybe say no children... or no children other than those in the wedding party? Or could you say invite some of his family members to the night do? That way you could reduce numbers... I do know how hard it is and you don’t want to offend anybody but if you only have space for 70 and you’ve sorted your venue you will have to cut them down :-( your fiancé might not wa t to invite all his family to the day do anyway :-)

if you have loads of kids then I would definitely say start there and just have ones in wedding party :-) and then see what numbers are and take it from there.

good luck with everything ❤️ Xxxx

• L
    Savvy August 2021
    LuxuriousGreenHair66000 ·
    • Hide content

We divided our capacity by two and aimed to have equal sides. I found mine was less then half so gave H2B my spare seats. He still had too many guests on his list, but with help from his mum and my own list (up to one great aunt im close to), he managed to whittle it down - he didnt have much choice to do so tbh.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics