Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2020

My brother can't make my wedding.. Advice please!

Misty2020, 4 of August of 2019 at 14:36 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi all

Pretty new here as we have recently got engaged and set a date of 6th June 2020 which would be 1 year on from the date we got engaged. Since then we have arranged and booked the church, venue, band, photographer as concious they get booked up really quick. My brother has now told me he is a best man for his friend on the exact same date and has been booked for over a year ?. I am at a loss for what to do. My and my fiancé have a special connection with that date and have planned things, paid deposits etc but at the same time he is my only brother. If we move the date we risk losing deposits etc and will have a date that means nothing but if we don't then I don't want me or my mum and dad to be sad on the day that he isn't there. I'm at a loss of what to do as my emotions are taking over.

If anyone has any advice on how to approach this and try to make a decision then that would be appreciated. Thank you

1 replies

Latest activity by Weddingbee123, 9 of August of 2019 at 11:33
  • L
    Savvy August 2021
    LuxuriousGreenHair66000 ·
    • Hide content

Depending how close you are to your brother and if he is in the bridal party/usher etc consider asking him to not go to the other wedding. Please be understanding if not though, as it is a prior arrangement and he is the best man.

• W
    Beginner June 2020
    Weddingbee123 ·
    • Hide content

Oh no, that is a tough situation... honestly though if you have already booked and paid for things I would keep your date. It is about you and the groom first of all. Did he already know about your wedding date etc? If so he should have said before? I would keep the date and let your brother choose which he attends. You have already paid for things, if you hadn’t paid for things then you could rearrange but ultimately I don’t think you should as sad as it is. I hope whatever you decide you have a lovely day xxxxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics