Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner July 2020

Wedding in France

RomanticOrangeHair36001, 24 of July of 2019 at 11:07 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0

Good morning one and all,

We just got engaged last week and now all the excitement has passed we're just getting our heads around organising the wedding. Giving ourselves about 12 months to get the whole thing planned seems a bit daunting at the moment but a dream for both of us is to get married in France.

In a dream world we'd have exclusive use of a Chateau for the weekend, no corkage but if a good drinks package was offered then that would also be acceptable, at the moment we've got a guest list of about 115 but we would reduce this (dramatically!) if needed. We don't have an ideal location in France but would obviously like a beautiful setting. We're fans of live music so that would be great too.

What do you think is the minimum budget for this? I have emailed a few places and they've come back with astronomical figures (to me at least!) of say £40k. I'd hoped to be able to do it for under £20k (or maybe less) do people think that's achievable or am I kidding myself and it's time to book a table at the local Toby Carvery now? I'd be eternally grateful for any tips you clever folk may be able to offer!

Thanks in advance,

Andrew & Kirstie

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics