Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner

Venue help - laid back, but big crowd!

Sazzle-Dazzle, 26 of June of 2019 at 08:41 Posted on Planning 0

Hey y'all!

I'm new here - just got engaged last week! Yay! I've never really thought much about what kinda wedding I would want except for it to have a casual laid back feel (no sit down dinner, nothing too fancy etc), my Fiance feels the same!

We have probably got up to 140 guests that we would invite - could maybe cull that to 120, definitely not below 100!

So my issue is trying to find something that feels relaxed and casual (but still fun), for this many peeps!

My dream was to rent a big airbnb/holiday house and have the 'ceremony, food and reception there so that the wedding party could stay over. But I'm trying to keep to a budget of about $10K and most houses I'm finding would also need a marquee to fit my 120-140 in argh!

Does anyone have any other ideas that kinda fit this brief? Or been to any weddings where it felt laid back.

My Fiances parents have some land that we could chuck a marquee on - but I am kinda set on people being able to stay over and have a big brekkie the morning after (there wouldn't be room at his parents for this). I've also heard marquees ends up really expensive and stressfull?

pls help! Smiley smile

• charlie_rabbit01
    Dedicated June 2020
    charlie_rabbit01 ·
    • Hide content

Marquees can be super expensive but shop around. We’ve been quoted £10k for up to 250 people marquee only but we’re meeting some one tomorrow all in tables chairs flooring etc £4.5k

Were having a church ceremony but the reception is in a big marquee, for food we’re having a carvery followed by a hog roast.

no seating plan

no favours

just good food, a bar and a live band.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics