Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner April 2022

Wedding Abroad - Who did you use?

ExcitedBlueHair1313, 22 of May of 2019 at 12:19 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 3

So.. After spending the past 3/4 months talking to my partner, excessively pinning on pinterest, thinking about centrepieces, invites, flowers and getting excited about our UK wedding ... Weve realised our "dream" uk wedding is just too expensive.

We had a long (tear filled at my end) chat and decided if we couldnt have our dream uk wedding we'd go abroad instead!!

We'd rather go through some sort of tour operator like First Choice as they deal with all the legal side of things, paper work etc. We need to be able to organise a group booking too as about 10 family members are joining us. And obviously we want to go through someone Atol protected.

I'm nervous about using First Choice/Thomas Cook though as I havent heard good reviews. Ive searched online and the only other companies I can find Ive never heard of before!!

Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences you can share? Are we going to end up spending twice as much going though a tour operator - but is it worth it for the help they provide??

Thanks!!

3 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousOrangeCakes73763, 21 of June of 2019 at 16:57
  • L
    Beginner
    LuxuriousPurpleDiamonds72773 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

I can help with that. I'm currently planning a wedding in Jamaica for October 2019. Let me know if you want further information.

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

I attended a wedding in Cuba which was organised through First Choice about 10 years ago, and it was amazing! We had 2 weeks with about 30 of us in an all inclusive resort. The couple got married at the end of the first week and went off to a different hotel, so they got a honeymoon as well. Everyone had an amazing time!

It was really straightforward for all of the guests to organise themselves too.

I know it was a while ago, but if eloping was an option for me, I would book through them. Good luck! x

• RomanticOrangeCars21835
    Beginner July 2021
    RomanticOrangeCars21835 ·
    • Hide content

I am the exact same here too. After dreaming of a Loch Lomond wedding in Scotland i have finally caved and going abroad for our wedding - purely down to cost. We have 3 kids and are paying for it ourselves so after visiting a few places we just felt we could not afford what we (I) wanted ? We did try to be strict and cut the guest list down to make it work cost wise but how on earth do you tell people that live 20 minutes away that they cannot come to your wedding? I know that i would understand if a couple told me i wasn't able to go for cost reasons but i think it is so unfair. Even my partner who was totally against an abroad wedding, and felt it was more selfish, has agreed to an abroad wedding. He was floored at the cost of weddings here in the UK and is now set against doing it here.

So we have decided to go to Cyprus - 2021 and have something low key there with about 15-20 of us and have a party once we come back home. My partner was born over in Cyprus, his parents lived there and his brother was married there also so we are not going through a tour operator or having a wedding planner. We are heading over to Cyprus in just over 6 weeks and i hope to get it booked. Fingers crossed.

Hope you manange to find your way around it all. It is very daunting!

• L
    LuxuriousOrangeCakes73763 ·
    • Hide content

Hello. My wife and I had been planning our wedding for a very long time, and of course, we did not want to celebrate it in our country. We turned to the best wedding professionals. They recommended us to fly to Seychelles to the https://savoy.sc/blog/weddings-services/ . That what I want to say, yes their recommendation was correct and we never regretted that we visited the place. You ask the main thing and tell us what kind of wedding you want. But my recommendation is Seychelles! Good luck to you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics