Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner October 2019

Team Bride Gifts

SSGSAM2019, 15 of May of 2019 at 14:34 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi gang,

Looking for some inspo...I have four bridesmaids and one bridesman. I’d like to get them all a similar present which they could ideally use on the wedding day but thing like a necklace or a bag don’t really work for my bridesman. Any ideas?

Alternatively I could get them all something that’s not for the day but I’d still like them all to have something similar and a nice reminder of the day and how much they all mean to me.

All suggestions welcome!

6 replies

Latest activity by SSGSAM2019, 21 of May of 2019 at 17:43
  • R
    Savvy August 2019
    RomanticPinkDecor31906 ·
    • Hide content

Cuff links? Handkerchief? Leather or chain bracelet? Good socks?

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Could you get your Bridesmaids jewellery and your Bridesman some cufflinks with his initials on? He could use that for the day and in the future as well. X

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

If its a matching item to wear on the day its not a gift but just part of their outfit

a gift is for the person, think about it - would you buy them all a birthday gift that relates to you and stuff you want for your birthday instead of their actual interests?

• R
    Savvy August 2019
    RomanticPinkDecor31906 ·
    • Hide content

I disagree with the comment from Alisa. Jewellery might be something that suits the outfit - but if you select it to match their personalities too then its really a gift for them.

Id totally buy a piece of jewellery for someones birthday. If its personalised its unique to them. But it might be unique to them even if its not. I wouldn't buy a bridesmaid a bottle of gin, just because she likes gin. The gift I give her will be a special token of my appreciation of her being there for the day. And I would choose it with her in mind.

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

But the OP wants to get them all the same thing (not something custom to them) to use on the day... thats not a gift for the person, how likely is it all the bridesmaids and groomsmen like the same things?

plus if they are expected to wear it for the wedding its not a gift its part of the outfit, you wouldn't call the dress, meal or bouquets gifts would you because they're things your dictating for use in the wedding

also whats wrong with buying a gin lover gin? I'm sure they would prefer than to some random piece of mass jewellery that they didn't get to pick and might not like thats sole purpose was to match a bunch of other people

• R
    Savvy August 2019
    RomanticPinkDecor31906 ·
    • Hide content

I’ll be giving my bridesmaids a special bracelet but don’t expect them to wear it. I expect they will as I have chosen for them and not the outfit.

you can personalise things maintaining giving something similar but personal.

the op is trying to choose something as ‘nice reminder of the day and how much they all mean to me.’.. a bottle of gin doesn’t really do that no matter how much they like gin. I think gifting can be excessive and I think something special associate with the day is much more meaningful. Each to their own.

• S
    Beginner October 2019
    SSGSAM2019 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all,

Thanks for your messages....never wanted anything identical “just because it goes with the outfit”. I’m looking to get them a gift each that they can use on the day and in the future.

I like the cufflinks idea with his initials on as I was thinking about a bracelet or necklace with their initials. So I could do the bracelet and the cufflinks as they’ll both be similar ish. Perfect.

Thanks for the input, I’ll get searching!

Maybe I’ll treat them to some random mass produced gin at the free bar too ;-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics