Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner August 2019

Registery office say I can’t walk down aisle?!

HappyIvoryConfetti427, 9 of May of 2019 at 16:53 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi, I don’t know if anyone has any experience of this but I’m really upset and don’t know what to do. I am due to get married at the end of August in a registery office, then out for a fancy meal and a big party at night. I’m very excited and thought it was all coming together until I rang the registery office today to ask if I can have music when walking down the aisle.

They told me that I can not walk down the aisle as me and h2b have to be interviewed together in the room before hand, and there is no facility to do this separate. The guest are then invited in to sit down, while we are already in there! I asked if there was anyway I could at least walk down the aisle and they said no! Has anyone else come across this? I’m so upset as walking me down the aisle is the only part my dad has in it and I didn’t really want h2b to see me before hand in the interview. Really don’t know what to do as I feel it’s too late to change to another reg office Smiley sad

Xx

5 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveRedHair47253, 24 of May of 2019 at 16:44
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

This sounds really odd - everyone I've spoken to gets interviewed separately immediately before the ceremony. You're interviewed together (and apart) as part of your giving notice appointment.

I'd maybe ask to speak to someone else in your reg office - maybe the person you spoke to is new and got confused? Maybe also speak to other reg offices in your area to see what they say so you can go back to yours and let them know they are the only ones saying this.

Hopefully it's just a mix up, I've always seen reg office weddings where the bride walks down the aisle.

If they insist this is how they do it, I would definitely see if I could change, but availability might be a bit tight now.

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted! X

• H
    Beginner August 2019
    HappyIvoryConfetti427 ·
    • Hide content

I have emailed them and told them that another local registery office do the interview seperate and able to walk down the aisle but they just said again that they can’t do it as it’s a small room Smiley sad xx

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Which district are you in? This is very unusual as interviews are normally supposed to be separate.

Peter

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

To be honest the registry office weddings I've been too the couple and guests wait together in a waiting room and there is no aisle (the door is adjacent/net to to the 'alter') so we all just walk in together

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I'm a wedding photographer and have never seen this. Even at B&G only weddings in tiny rooms!

It seems so bizarre. Try googling for wedding photographer blogs of weddings at that venue. Also, talk to your own photographer, they might have worked there before.

• ExpensiveRedHair47253
    Beginner October 2021
    ExpensiveRedHair47253 ·
    • Hide content

I thought the interviews had to be done separately so the registrar could have confidence neither of you were being forced into it?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics