Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner April 2021

Colour scheme help please

LuxuriousPurpleFlowers64647, 16 of April of 2019 at 08:42 Posted on Planning 0 5

So my wonderful groom has decided that he wants a royal blue suit, which is fabulous and I'm totally happy with. But my dilema, what colour bridesmaids dresses do i get to go with royal blue? We don't have set wedding colours, we are literally just going to go off whatever suits and dresses we choose. I'm not really great with fashion or colours so have no idea what would look nice. We aren't fans of pink so that isn't an option. Does anyone please have any ideas of what colours go with royal blue? Many thanks in advance!

5 replies

Latest activity by Alisha.B, 22 of April of 2019 at 13:11
  • H
    Beginner May 2020
    HappyGreenHair3431 ·
    • Hide content

What about a soft grey or a pale blue?

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Maybe a plum colour for dresses, and plum and gold in your decorations? X

• E
    Beginner April 2022
    ExcitedBlueHair1313 ·
    • Hide content

Are you having a summer / autumn / winter wedding?

For a winter wedding Id go with Blue and silver.

If its Summer or you want a bit more of a colourful wedding, why not try matching the blue with highlights of coral and white?

For an autumnal wedding, blue would go well with a terra cotta / pumpkin colours.

Spend some time on Pinterest, there are loads of colour boards you could get inspiration from.

• H
    Beginner May 2020
    HappyGreenHair3431 ·
    • Hide content

What about soft grey or a pale blue to compliment the royal blue?

• R
    Savvy August 2019
    RomanticPinkDecor31906 ·
    • Hide content

What about a pastel/powder blue for your bridesmaids? A pale grey? Navy? You could probably also find some floral patterns that would go well if thats up your street. I think plum could work well too if it wasnt too bold, perhaps a really dark burgundy. Would be great for autumn

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

Blue goes with many colours, its almost as versatile as black - id avoid red (tends to clash) and dark purple (bruise colours) but other than than anything goes really

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics