Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2022 Greater Manchester

Children invited

Henrycarol, 28 of February of 2019 at 13:28 Posted on Planning 0 3

So we are planning the wedding and have discussed that only children who are close familye.g. Our children, nieces and nephews will be invited. My best friend and her 7 year old daughter are bridesmaids, my best friend also has 2 other younger children so I can't not invite them as their sister An Mum is bridesmaid. Now my dilemma is that I have another best friend who is not a bridesmaid, she has two children and I know that she will be offended that not only is she not a bridesmaid but that her children are not invited, there are other family/friends with children who are not invited. I feel bad but I don't want loads of kids at the wedding as there's enough already. am I being nasty not inviting her children? How can I approach it with her. Thanks x

3 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveBlueStationery45235, 3 of March of 2019 at 16:04
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

We have 2 children in our bridal party (flower girls, and fiance's nieces). My two cousins are older children and they are invited. We are basically saying babes in arms, bridal party and close family are invited. If people don't like it, don't come.

If she asks, just say you are inviting kids who are related or belong to the bridal party.

You are NOT being nasty! She may well be fine and look forward to having a night off though, try not to overthink it. It's not a bad idea to give a heads up before the invites go out too - if she asks how planning is going, say something like it's going well, but just an FYI, we're not inviting kids due to venue size/cost.

Good luck! X

• L
    Beginner January 2019
    LuxuriousRedStationery801 ·
    • Hide content

We originally discussed only having related children and those from the wedding party as there was originally I think 33 children on the guest list. However in the end we didn’t do this. We put on the invitation that children were welcome to join the day but if the adults wanted some grown up time then that would be great too. In the end we had 21 children there aged between 8 weeks and 15 and I wouldn’t have changed it. They all behaved beautifully and because there were so many other children at the venue our own children mixed in and as a result we were super relaxed because we knew they were enjoying themselves.

totally your decision but if you are going to do the whole no kids thing I would give as much notice as possible

• E
    ExpensiveBlueStationery45235 ·
    • Hide content

We recently went to a christening in the church where my daughter is to be married - all the children who were there were SO badly behaved it made my daughter consider having a ‘no children’ wedding. However, all of her friends have small children and her university friends have to travel so far that the wedding for them will be at least a weekend away, making babysitting more difficult. So we took the decision to build a nanny into the budget. It’s not that expensive in the great scheme of things (although we’ve foregone the video to balance it out). We’ve agreed that she’ll entertain them in the church hall during the service and we’ve hired an extra room at the venue for the crèche. There is also a per head cost for the meal. But her friends have been so relieved I think it will prove to be worth it. It means a lot to her having her friends there.

• E
    ExpensiveBlueStationery45235 ·
    • Hide content

We recently went to a christening in the church where my daughter is to be married - all the children who were there were SO badly behaved it made my daughter consider having a ‘no children’ wedding. However, all of her friends have small children and her university friends have to travel so far that the wedding for them will be at least a weekend away, making babysitting more difficult. So we took the decision to build a nanny into the budget. It’s not that expensive in the great scheme of things (although we’ve foregone the video to balance it out). We’ve agreed that she’ll entertain them in the church hall during the service and we’ve hired an extra room at the venue for the crèche. There is also a per head cost for the meal. But her friends have been so relieved I think it will prove to be worth it. It means a lot to her having her friends there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics