Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2019

Giving notice help...

LuxuriousGoldBridesmaid74818, 14 of February of 2019 at 22:04 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi all, I really have such lack of knowledge of how you go about planning a wedding, so trying to find my way around all of this ! We have just booked our venue for September and have now booked an appointment with our local council office to give our notice of getting married and this meeting will take place in April.

But, the wedding Venue is in a different county to where we live, so can I still go ahead and contact the registrar in the area of the venue to book them for a ceremony, or do we have to wait until our appointment with our local council and wait to get the "all clear"?

Many thanks in advance !!

3 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveYellowConfetti853, 16 of February of 2019 at 19:34
  • F
    Beginner October 2019
    FloProActiv ·
    • Hide content

Contact the registrar where you are getting married ASAP - you need to make sure they have availablity on the day that you have booked the venue. Not to panic you, but when we booked the registrar for our wedding (off peak at the end of October, just under a year in advance) there were only two times left that day.

Definitely dontd leave it til April!

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with the above - our wedding is September this year, and I provisionally booked the registrar in March last year (immediately after we booked our venue), then they confirmed the booking and sent me the invoice after they received confirmation that we had given notice.

We are also getting married in a different county to where we live. Availability of registrars depends a lot on the location - if you have a lot of wedding venues in your area, they might be busier, so definitely pin them down early on.

Hope this helps! X

• L
    Beginner January 2019
    LuxuriousRedStationery801 ·
    • Hide content

You need to contact the registrar in the county you are planning to get married ASAP. The giving notice part is important but not as important as having the registrar booked in the correct area. They share a system anyway so if there are any issues the information will be passed over quickly x

• E
    Beginner April 2020
    ExpensiveYellowConfetti853 ·
    • Hide content

Agreed with other posters. My venue said not to book (they held it for 5 days) until we had a registrar confirmed for the day. I booked and paid for a registrar in May 2018 for an april 2020 wedding

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics