Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

TheOtherMoof
Beginner June 2019

Menu Advice

TheOtherMoof, 3 of February of 2019 at 21:12 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi All,

We've recently spoken to our venue to confirm the menu for our wedding breakfast. We're going for a set menu where everyone will be given the same meal unless they've listed any dietary requirements on their RSVP cards. We're aiming for a really informal, relaxed feel for the whole wedding so we've chosen simple, homey, comforting dishes that my partner and I like.

We've opted for:

Starter - melon boat with berry compote

Main - Steak pie (bowls of mashed potatoes, chips and vegetables will circulate for guests to help themselves to)

Dessert: Profiteroles

The only thing is that my auntie pointed out to me today that it means there are two courses of pastry. To be honest, I didn't even think about that or that it could prove to be an issue but she mentioned that some people might be a little put off by that so I was wondering if I could get some opinions. Is this too much pastry? (Is there such a thing?!) If you were a guest at a wedding with this menu, what would be your thoughts?

Thanks in advance x

4 replies

Latest activity by TheOtherMoof, 5 of February of 2019 at 18:40
  • R
    Savvy August 2019
    RomanticPinkDecor31906 ·
    • Hide content

If you like it, stick with it! It’s 2 very different sorts of pastry- if I was at a wedding and was served that I wouldn’t have considered it too much pastry. Wouldn’t have even thought about it. Main course sounds an amazing idea!

• S
    SunnyBrownCars82847 ·
    • Hide content

HI,

I think it sounds nice, I personally wouldn't care about the double pastry, especially as the cream in the profiteroles should lighten it up. I guess some people with really small appetites might get pretty full, but if that's what you guys want to eat, I say go for it!

Have fun X

• D
    Beginner June 2019
    Durhamchance ·
    • Hide content

I think it sounds like a lovely menu and never even considered it as two types of pastry. Profiteroles are a very light type of pastry really, and you could say the same for any sort of tart too?

if you like it, go for it. I’m sure your guests will love it

• S
    Beginner October 2019
    SSGSAM2019 ·
    • Hide content

What an odd thing to comment on (your Aunt). I think the menu sounds great and I really don’t believe your guests would be put off or think it's too much pastry. It’s actually lighter than lots of other options. Go for it. Profiteroles are delish.

• TheOtherMoof
    Beginner June 2019
    TheOtherMoof ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your replies ?. That's what I was already thinking myself, it was just that my auntie made me wonder if some of our guests would think it was too much. But I think we'll just go ahead as planned Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics