Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner August 2019

Very Small Wedding

ExpensiveBlueCakes57582, 30 of January of 2019 at 14:38 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 2

Hi, this is my first post on here, in fact my first every wedding post anywhere! Just looking for some thoughts from others on what i have planned. Myself and partner have been together 15 years and engaged for 3, we have two young children so never really thought it was a priority pulling out money to spend on a wedding when we could sped it on them,...anyway we booked our summer holiday as normal this year and have added a wedding on to it while we are there. It is only going to be the 4 of us as we have chosen not to tell anyone!!!! so far only person that knows is a close friend at work who has offered to come dress shopping with me. We are going to tell the kids but closer to the time as we want them to keep sshhhss!! lol

Has anyone on here done something similar? am not sure really how everyone is going to react when they find out when we come back....also am a bit worried about not having a lot of help/support when am away over there although i have been advised of out wedding company there will be someone there to help with everything and arrange before we go.

loo forward to some feedback Smiley smile xx

2 replies

Latest activity by SunnyRedDecor93055, 6 of February of 2019 at 20:43
  • T
    Beginner April 2019
    TT12345 ·
    • Hide content

I'm wanting to do the same thing and elope to NYC.. but my fiance and I have made the mistake of telling parents. Now my fiance's parents are really upset, so the whole idea of eloping to NYC might have to be scrapped which I'm really upset about. So my tip is..... do not tell anyone until after the fact, otherwise you will likely have a lot of hurt feelings to deal with.

• S
    Beginner May 2019
    SorrentoBride ·
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are marrying in Italy in May. We are going alone, no guests. I've been married before and my fiance is quite shy, so he wanted a quiet wedding. We have told parents and siblings, and my work colleagues know, and luckily, everyone has been very supportive of us going alone. I'm slightly nervous about getting ready on my own, and have had to ensure I have a dress that I can do up by myself, but the Italain wedding co-ordinators have been very helpful sorting out flowers, music for the ceremony, transport, photographer and witnesses. We only got engaged in October, been together 5 years, and booked the wedding in November, but can't believe how quickly the time is going. We've just completed all the legal paperwork, so all on track and feeling very excited!

• S
    Beginner July 2020
    SunnyRedDecor93055 ·
    • Hide content

Hi this is what we are doing too and a lot of places cater for packages for small numbers. We are going to marry with just our 3 children (my 15 year old son is giving me away and his two daughters, 6 and 9) are my flower girls. We are eloping to a castle in North Yorkshire just the 5 of us. We have a cottage in the grounds so we can all be together and take our dog too! The staff will act as witnesses and we have it all boxed off for about £1400. There are parts of me who would love my family to be there but they are all happy for us to not have the big ceremony. This is my partners second wedding and is different to what he had the first time although it’s my first. We are both in our mid 40s so feel it’s acceptable for us to do it the way that suits us. We are having a party a few weeks later but tbh it wouldn’t bother me if we didn’t!! I feel like I don’t want the fuss or to be centre of attention. It would stress me out too much and I couldn’t cope!! Good luck and happy planning. X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics