Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner

Santorini wedding - help!!

SunnyPurpleHair94814, 21 of January of 2019 at 16:56 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0

Advice wanted if possible Smiley smile

So we were beginning to plan a 2020 wedding in Santorini through a Greek based planning service. We chose a package and chose a venue after being given the price list. We had reserved our date and paid a deposit to the planners to secure this, but a couple of weeks after paying the deposit (and being told the venue was closed) I was then told by my planner than there was a new price list for 2020 and the price of the venue has more than doubled!!

There is no way we can afford to pay this for the venue and there were no other venues on the island that the planner were prepared to work with that were what we wanted and within our budget. I have reached out to the planner and said that we aren't comfortable paying that much for a venue and want to withdraw but they are now refusing to give our deposit back.

I feel like we are within our rights to ask for a refund as we paid our deposit on the basis that the venue would cost x amount and the price has been raised since we agreed to it. I understand that it is the venue and not the planner who has put the price up but surely it was the planner's responsibility to check on our behalf that those prices were correct for the date we were asking?

I don't want to be brash and start threatening with taking legal action but I feel that we are totally justified in asking for a refund. Has anyone else had this problem before?

Thanks in advance xxx

• C
    Beginner
    catherine34 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, that's a naughty trick and I hope you have managed to get your deposit back! Unless there was a clause in the contract that you agreed to saying the price was subject to change then I doubt very much that they can refuse the refund. How did you get on?

Catherine x

• H
    Beginner September 2020
    HappyPinkDecor13089 ·
    • Hide content

I think have a good read of your contract - although I think part of me thinks that planners do put a clause in about changes in price (as otherwise they may be the ones to land paying for the higher price?)

Also read about pulling out entirely with this company and see what their refund rule is - maybe you have enough time to pull out no matter what?

Let us know how it goes!

• H
    Beginner September 2020
    HappyPinkDecor13089 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry I have just thought of another point - our wedding planner also strongly advised to get out wedding insurance so we were covered in every case - do you have separate wedding insurance??

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics