Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Savvy August 2019

Reasonable stationery?

Fairy5, 21 of January of 2019 at 14:28 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi,

Can anyone recommend anywhere for reasonable invites? I was going to go with somewhere like Vistaprint but on looking again, haven't found anything from them that I really like and I don't want to be paying £5 an invite. There are so many websites out there I'm feeling a little lost among them!

Thanks!

5 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousRedStationery801, 23 of January of 2019 at 19:13
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I've heard good things about Amazon, Hobbycraft and Home Bargains. Also, if you aren't already on it, there is a Facebook group called DIY Brides UK, which has lots of great recommendations!

I was so shocked at the cost of invites that I decided to make my own. This is something that I really DON'T recommend! I enjoyed the first few, but now I'm so annoyed, I wish I'd have just bought them! Unless you're crafting all the time, I would say don't be tempted. I don't think I've even saved any money!

I hope this helps a little Smiley smile X

• S
    Beginner November 2019
    Seb2019 ·
    • Hide content

I've just spent the weekend having a browse online for these myself, and have found some on Amazon that are really similar to a set of bespoke ones I liked but are about 1/4 of the cost! They can be personalised as well. I would have a look there as a starting point if I were you, or consider going digital for all/part of the invites. That's what I'm considering too. Bespoke ones can be beautiful but they really add up and in my opinion are probably forgettable in the grand scheme of things.

• H
    Beginner October 2019
    HappyGoldStationery22298 ·
    • Hide content

I bought from the ginger ray range, which you can get direct on their site or from Amazon and hobby craft. We have had a lot of compliments for them.

I found wedding stationery a bit of a minefield and in the end I just couldn't justify the cost that some people were charging. Whilst they looked amazing, ultimately most people won't even keep them, they will just throw them away. I really didn't want to pay that kind of money when I felt like it was going to be better spent elsewhere within the wedding costs x

• P
    Curious
    pritsticandpompoms ·
    • Hide content

Have you had a look at Canva? Loads of great templates on there and you can completely customise them.

• R
    Savvy August 2019
    RomanticPinkDecor31906 ·
    • Hide content

Are you arty? Or have any arty friends?

We had an A5 invite from a friend which was a simple sketch of a tree which their names, dates, venue etc. It was simple but it was lovely. They took it to a printers (I think it was Staples.. not sure if they still do it, cant find anything online though Rymans do and there will be local options) and got it printed on nice paper, which was a fraction of the cost. I anticipate we will do something similar.

Further details were provide on additional A4 paper. Depending on how much info we need to issue I think I might be tempted to do the same but keep everything A5. The extra info bits dont need to be on fancy paper and can still tie in with your theme font and colour wise. Black and white much cheaper than colour. Theirs was B&W and really classy.

I've kept every invite I've ever received and I think it's nice to have a nice one! The big bundle ones with matching lace and embellishments all the way through.. are sort of impressive.. for about 5 seconds. My first thought when I get one like that is - what a waste of money. I was far more impressed with my friends as it was so personal and simple. Obviously the print copy took a bit of time, but then its a copy.. so no faffing about with glue and punch holes!

Hope you find something you like!

• L
    Beginner January 2019
    LuxuriousRedStationery801 ·
    • Hide content

We got ours from eBay. I think 30 daytime invitations were around the £10 mark (might have been less) they were a good quality card with a rose gold glitter love heart on and the text we requested on them. They were well liked by all of the guests and I didn’t want to have to spend a fortune on something that ends up in the bin. It can be done for a reasonable price or just depends on what your after x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics