Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner January 2019

9 days to go and guest list curveball

LuxuriousRedStationery801, 10 of January of 2019 at 13:51 Posted on Planning 0 2

So out of the blue today I received a message from a lady attending the wedding (h2b friends wife but I get along fairly well with her and she even came to my hen do) saying that she is now having childcare issues and she knows it’s short notice but could she possibly bring her 2 children.

i have children myself and I know childcare is hard to arrange but financially I’m broke. The balances have all been paid. I don’t want to say no but from a financial point of view I really don’t feel I will have much choice. How can I put this politely to her?

2 replies

Latest activity by Bonnielaurasmith, 11 of January of 2019 at 21:25
  • S
    Beginner November 2019
    Seb2019 ·
    • Hide content

If finances are the only reason you could always be honest with her and say you totally get it but the balances have all been paid at this very short notice, but if it's her only viable option she could pay for them herself...? I guess it depends how close you are and how she could potentially take it, but it is really short notice to spring on you!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Just be really apologetic and say the venue is full and you are unable to accommodate children. Ask her to confirm whether she would still like to attend alone.

You could also offer her a switch to an evening only invite with or without the kids?

• B
    Beginner August 2021
    Bonnielaurasmith ·
    • Hide content

I'd echo what the others have said however to play Devil's advocate, what does your partner make of this? As they are mainly his friends, he should take some of the responsibility for helping you make the decision.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics