Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2021

Bridezilla?

LuxuriousBlueStationery78415, 3 of January of 2019 at 16:19 Posted on Planning 0 4

Is it unreasonable to ask my friend to change her hair colour to be my bridesmaid? It's bright pink at the moment, and I'd like her to have it a more natural colour.

4 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousRedStationery801, 8 of January of 2019 at 06:14
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Yes, I'd say that's unreasonable. She's your friend, I'm assuming you asked her to be your bridesmaid for a reason other than her hair colour. Presumably she has a personality that you love, which she expresses by having funky hair colours. It's part of her. If you don't like it, don't have her as your bridesmaid. Sorry! X

• BigYellowTaxi
    Curious August 2022
    BigYellowTaxi ·
    • Hide content

Yeah sorry i dont think its ok. Its fine if you dont like it, your styles dont have to be the same, but shes your friend and shes more than a hair colour.

Either she doesnt have to be a bridesmaid, or if you really want her then you have to accept its part of her. You cant dictate how someone else lives their life.

• S
    Beginner October 2019
    SSGSAM2019 ·
    • Hide content

Agree - you shouldn’t ask her to change it..that’s who she is! All the focus will be on you and your other half anyway, no one will care what colour your bridesmaid’s hair is.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

What colour was it when you asked her to be a BM? If it was pink then no, you can't ask her to change it. But if it was a natural colour and she's dyed it since you asked then I think you can raise it with her.

• L
    Beginner January 2019
    LuxuriousRedStationery801 ·
    • Hide content

My first thought was no way you can’t ask her to change it but then Paula made an excellent point about whether it was this colour when you asked her. If it was then no I agree you can’t rwally ask her to change it. Depending on your colour scheme etc you may find she naturally changes it anyway so that it doesn’t clash

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics