Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner

The pain and struggle finding and contacting wedding venues for information

ExpensiveBrownConfetti53345, 10 of December of 2018 at 16:23 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hello, my partner and i have been engaged for around 3 months now and as i am sure everybody is, i was so excited! So, i decided to have a look into wedding venues, what type of venue we would want and locations. The thing is, it was so frustrating! There are so many websites advertising venues as well as the venues websites themselves.

With most websites/apps wanting your whole life story (email address, names, wedding dates, locations, numbers, budgets) to only give you broad information. If you then want venue brochures 9 times out of 10 it will direct you to the actual website where it requests information AGAIN. After looking at the brochures, emailing the venue a number of times for additional information to find out your ideal date isn't available, or price isn't as expected, or you have to book a viewing for more info. It is FRUSTRATING and time consuming!

Heres the thing, i wanted to know if other people were having this issue? and wanted to know what other issues people are struggling with when trying to plan their wedding. As a though had occurred to me, a way brides and grooms to be could access a platform in which it has important information already accessible and an easier way to contact wedding venues and other suppliers? For example, an app in which wedding venues have normal info regarding their venue along with a live calendar linked with their calendar so brides/grooms know what dates have already been booked there? a chat/messenger service on the app to contact said venue, sounds a lot easier than sending emails and waiting for replies. the app could also be extended to suppliers, such as photographers, musicians, etc.

Currently just an idea and wanted to know what other people think, what their struggles currently are. any feedback would be amazing! or if anyone knows of a website/app that already does this would be great.

Good luck planning everybody!

3 replies

Latest activity by RomanticYellowHair34878, 17 of December of 2018 at 09:55
  • Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

While I can't answer you directly, a lot of wedding venues outsource their admin to a centralised company. If I phone a venue to speak to someone I personally know there, I end up in Guildford speaking to a robot than the actual venue themselves.

This is endemic across most venues as a way of filtering out a huge number of enquiries.

Sometimes a lot of these questions are data capture for the companies own benefit / demographical analysis but also to work out if you can afford them as well.

Weddings are massively complex, it's hard enough for me to give a start price when people get married all year round, with ceremonies ranging between 11am-4pm and some just email me 'How much'?

Its true though that some suppliers do ask a massive amount of pointless questions.

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

I followed a pretty simple rule when I was searching. I found most of my potential venues right here on Hitched. I put in a date around about the month we were thinking of getting married,, then popped a little message to them saying, we're thinking these dates, do you have availability and what are your prices please.

Anyone that just sent me a generic brochure with no prices, I scrapped from the list. I hadn't asked for that, and if you can't answer my questions now, what would it be like trying to plan my wedding with you?

The ones that got back to me with a more detailed answer, that felt like they had tailored it (even though they probably have a template that they tweak!) I responded to, and set up my viewings.

One thing I will say, is go with your gut. I did contact one venue through Hitched, and heard nothing, so I popped a little message directly to them and it turned out they hadn't received my notification. He was so apologetic, and got me the info I'd asked for really quickly - we ended up booking the venue!

Hope this helps! X

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I, like Chris do get a lot of enquires that just say "Hi Bill love your work how much for our wedding" with not even a date, its not always the bride and grooms fault but can be down to the forms that some on-line directory's use.Others perhaps ask too much.

It helps me with a few extra details about the day but I can appreciate that its frustrating to have to give too much information and some of it is data collecting when filling out boxes on line

I love to hear about peoples plans so a few extra details about the day really helps me provide my best quote. And I encourage people to contact me direct. Date, time, where the bride is getting ready (not exact address at this stage) And as I only advertise for wedding photography in the Leicestershire area if they tell me where the venue is I can 9 times out of ten show them weddings I have already shot at their venue.

• R
    RomanticYellowHair34878 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I can understand your problem, actually my sister getting married this January after Christmas, and she gave me the responsibility to find the reasonably ROM planner, I know this is difficult, but, it's for my sister. I checked many UK Proposal planners, but I didn't find the good one.

So, please suggest me any good idea or a Proposal planner, who can make the function beautiful.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics