Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner February 2020

Best friends hen is too expensive

Lmbridetobe, 21 of November of 2018 at 06:34 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 1

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of an issue over my best friends wedding. She wants to.go to Ibiza which sounds great it's it's just when you add all the elements she wants to do and the fact she won't pay a thing for herself it's coming out at about £1500 for three nights. That's just under my monthly mortgage payment! I've said I can't afford this and said I'm saving tondo up my house and pay for my own wedding and now I'm being made to feel like I am a crap friend and thatbifninwas an'real' friend I would go. I said I'd go on the home hen and now she is saying she might not do a home hen to stop people from being cheap. I am so gutted this is someone I've grown up with and love dearly but this hen is making me see our friendship in a different light.

When our other friend got married a few years ago we agreed on a £450 limit and hen pays her own way on the away he nas we were all getting married and she is now saying it's not her fault we chose to be cheap

Is anyone else having this issue?

1 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousRedStationery801, 23 of January of 2019 at 19:47
  • R
    Savvy August 2019
    RomanticPinkDecor31906 ·
    • Hide content

That’s ridiculous!

i had a similar situation. I was sad I couldn’t make it. I tired to negotiate with going to an aspect of it but the person arranging it was entirely inflexible. Your friend is being entirely selfish. Unfortunately life events can expose more about a friendship that you realise. If she chooses to not have a uk hen, then that’s her loss... sorry you face this situation.

• L
    Beginner January 2019
    LuxuriousRedStationery801 ·
    • Hide content

My hen do was a weekend away to Dublin. All I wanted was to get my friends together to enjoy themselves in a place that I love and have many happy memories of. There is absolutely no way I would have expected anybody to cover my share of the weekend. I’m not sure where that tradition has come from but I don’t agree with it! Yes weddings are expensive on the bride and groom but that’s not an excuse to say you need to pay x,u and z because it’s my weekend. And if your friends are kind enough to even offer for it you certainly don’t take the biscuit and take it to the excess! I’m sorry you e been put in that position it’s truly unfair x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics