Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner

Crisis Please help!! Notice and Adoption

RusticBride2019, 6 of November of 2018 at 06:47 Posted on Planning 0 6

So h2b and myself gave notice 2weeks ago all was fine, however since then h2b has found out he was adopted and the man he thought was his father was infact his step father. Step father is now deceased. This has caused major upset for us both for obvious reasons and as this was something we were asked about when giving notice and we were none the wiser. I don't know what to do. I have obtained birth and adoption certificates. Im so scared we won't be able to get married or we will get into trouble. I can't find anything on google about this either. If anyone has been in this situation please help as i know i have to call registrars but i am so scared i have cried for days.

Many thanks in advance. Xx

6 replies

Latest activity by BristolBride2812, 11 of November of 2018 at 10:19
  • BristolBride2812
    Beginner July 2019
    BristolBride2812 ·
    • Hide content

How long do you have until you get married? If it’s still a little while away they could probably redo the notice if necessary before you marry. It’s definitely worth calling the registry office. I‘m sure it must be scary but they’re usually lovely people and will do all they can to help. It might even not be an issue as he was adopted? Get on the phone to them as soon as you can do at least you have all the facts rather than continuing to worry about all the possible scenarios. I hope it works out ok for you!

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely agree with BristolBride, get on the phone to them and explain the situation. It's not your fault, and I'm sure it can be rectified.

You may need to give notice again, but they will be able to go through that with you. The sooner you talk to them, the better you'll feel.

Good luck! X

• S
    Curious August 2018
    SpecialEdition1987 ·
    • Hide content

You won't need to give notice again.

Contact your register office and let them know. They'll advise you best. More importantly don't panic!

• R
    Beginner
    RusticBride2019 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies! Im waiting for the reg office to open then i will call them. I have a clear head and all paperwork relating to said adoption. Fingers crossed they don't refuse to marry us ?

• R
    Beginner
    RusticBride2019 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies! Im waiting for the reg office to open then i will call them. I have a clear head and all paperwork relating to said adoption. Fingers crossed they don't refuse to marry us ?

Will update on here.

• R
    Beginner
    RusticBride2019 ·
    • Hide content

Will update on here.

• BristolBride2812
    Beginner July 2019
    BristolBride2812 ·
    • Hide content

How did you get on? Hope all went ok with the reg office Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics