Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner May 2019

Is a wedding in the Lake District boring?

RomanticPurpleHair29158, 28 of October of 2018 at 20:14 Posted on Planning 0 5

I am planning to have my wedding in a country B and B in the Lake District. My guest list is immediate family plus grandparents and a few friends. The list is about 15-20 people. Would my wedding be boring in the Lake District since there is not much entertainment after sunset? The age range is 30-80 .

Thank you

5 replies

Latest activity by HappyBrownCars13748, 7 of November of 2018 at 23:31
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Not at all!

A wedding is what you make it - you can arrange a dj, or band or magician. Or maybe a bonfire with hot chocolate and some chilled background music (maybe get an acoustic solo singer/player)? And you'll have beautiful scenery.

Plus, it's your wedding, and what you want counts.

Hope this helps! X

• F
    Beginner November 2018
    Fireworkandfairylightwedding ·
    • Hide content

Any wedding, no matter where it is, has the potential to be both borning or entertaining.

Just like the Lake District, most venues don’t have entertainment laid on each night and it’s something you'll need to provide yourselves. I’m not exactly sure what will make it entertaining during the day though? Whilst there will be lots of fantastic views, this isn’t entertainment and most of the time, the ceromony isn’t exactly fun for guests.

As someone else suggested, there are lots of ideas for entertainment during the evening. Personally we’ve booked a DJ, magic mirror photo booth, a fireworks display and have bought lots of sparklers. But there are so many options you can be sure to find something that suits you!

• H
    Beginner May 2019
    HappyIvoryHair1461 ·
    • Hide content

Not at all! I’d love my wedding in the Lake District, it’s a special place for me & my partner. I’m having to have it close to home due to family ill health. There’s lots of bars, pubs, cocktail places. I’d swap my wedding to there in a heartbeat if I could

• R
    Beginner May 2019
    RomanticPurpleHair29158 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for all the replies ladies!

my main concern is that I won’t be having a DJ or a photo booth or a magician as we don’t think they will go down that well with he guests we are having. We have considered having a cruise instead on one of the lakes. But we don’t know what to do in the evening. Most of the people don’t know each other either. My side has not even met his side of the family. My grandparents don’t speak English. Then my friends haven’t met my family either.

i am considering Edinburgh so at least there is some sort of nightlife outside the wedding.

But if I do love the Lake District more.

• H
    Beginner March 2020
    HappyBrownCars13748 ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

My fiancé and I are currently on holiday in the Lakes having a look at wedding venues, we are hoping to book for March 2020. We don't have big families and would only be looking to invite 45/50 people. We are also planning on not having a DJ / big evening celebration and will probably just do our own music. We went to a venue today and they fully understood this idea and said its becoming quite popular to do your own music etc.

For us the Lakes would provide stunning scenery on our photos that we just couldn't get back home (Cheshire!) I've been worried that a wedding up here might be boring too but then I think about what a special place it is for us and how wonderful it would be to have all our nearest and dearest up here with us celebrating our marriage.

The thought of relaxing in the hotel bar with our families at the end of our wedding day appeals to us way more than shouting over a DJ all night long! X

• H
    Beginner March 2020
    HappyBrownCars13748 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey,

My fiancé and I are currently on holiday in the Lakes having a look at wedding venues, we are hoping to book for March 2020. We don't have big families and would only be looking to invite 45/50 people. We are also planning on not having a DJ / big evening celebration and will probably just do our own music. We went to a venue today and they fully understood this idea and said its becoming quite popular to do your own music etc.

For us the Lakes would provide stunning scenery on our photos that we just couldn't get back home (Cheshire!) I've been worried that a wedding up here might be boring too but then I think about what a special place it is for us and how wonderful it would be to have all our nearest and dearest up here with us celebrating our marriage.

The thought of relaxing in the hotel bar with our families at the end of our wedding day appeals to us way more than shouting over a DJ all night long! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics