Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner November 2019

November Wedding Cover-ups

LuxuriousGreenCars62337, 16 of October of 2018 at 13:28 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi everyone!

I'm getting married at the beginning of November next year. I have my dress already but I'm unsure what to do for a cover-up for outside photos. I have already bought my dress:

It's Mori Lee Massima, and I bought it in ivory. It has an illusion back and the lace detailing on top is beautiful (or at least I think so).

When I tried my dress on, the assistant gave me a faux fur bolero to try but I'm not sure about it. It would hide a lot of the details for the photos.

And I have no idea for my bridesmaids yet. And my H2B has a grooms-maid so would she wear something similar to the bridesmaids?

Any suggestions or advice from other late autumn brides?

5 replies

Latest activity by Fireworkandfairylightwedding, 18 of October of 2018 at 21:41
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

It's a good idea to discuss this with your photographer. They probably have flashes available so they can shoot all the groups inside.

For winter weddings I usually take everyone out for the main group then do all the smaller groups inside. Once those are done the B&G go out for a few minutes. The issue is whether they will want you to stay out for ALL the group photos. If they do then you will need something warm.

If you'll only be out for 2 x 5 min periods you should be fine without a cover up. I have a cream furry throw that my brides wrap around them if needed. It never appears in the photos.

• F
    Beginner November 2018
    Fireworkandfairylightwedding ·
    • Hide content

I’m getting married on 3rd November, but unlike you I get married this year - less than 3 weeks now! ?

My dress is similar to yours in shape and the fact that mine also has an illusion back that is one of the main details.

(Excuse the photo its not the best as it was taken during a dress fitting and you can see the pins etc.)

Like you, I didn’t want a fur shrug or bolero. In the end I’ve settled on just having my cape-veil for the ceromony and outdoor photos. This obviously won’t give me any extra warmth but I was just hoping to brave the cold for as long as possible. I’ll remove my veil for some of the photos as I do want some nice pictures of the back.

(Again, not the best photo but its the only one I have of me wearing the dress and the cape-veil together.)

If it does get too cold for me to cope though, I’ve bought a shorter knitted cape that I can throw on.

(Once again, not a brilliant photo. It looks a lot nicer in person and when its on!)

Although it covers the back detailing it’s still short enough not to hide any of the detailing on my skirt. I’ll also be wearing this for fireworks display (which is being professionally photographed and filmed) and possibly for our sparkler walkway, depending how I feel.

RE bridesmaids, my only bridesmaid has a navy blue shawl/pashmina that she has said she'll wear as it goes nicely with her dress/colour scheme.

• L
    Beginner November 2019
    LuxuriousGreenCars62337 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Paula! Thank you! I shall make a note of this to ask our photographer (when we get round to choosing one!)

• L
    Beginner November 2019
    LuxuriousGreenCars62337 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can I just say your dress is beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I've been saying for ages that I wanted a cape (I fell in love with one when I went to a wedding fayre in London) but I've been told 'no capes!' by my sister and mum (in their best Edna Mode voice) but you have inspired me!

Good luck for your wedding in 3 weeks!!

• H
    Beginner October 2018
    HappyBrownDecor18059 ·
    • Hide content

I've bought an ivory pashmina for myself and pashmina's in the colour scheme for my bridesmaids. I'm hoping I won't have to wear the pashmina in all the photos, but maybe just wear it while I'm waiting around and stuff... I agree I'm not much of a fan of the old fur bolero thing, and I don't want to cover up my dress!

• F
    Beginner November 2018
    Fireworkandfairylightwedding ·
    • Hide content

Awww, thank you for saying so! Was it a cape-veil that you saw or one of the outdoor cover-up capes? My mum actually had the same reaction when I told her I wasn’t having a veil and would wear a cape instead, but she knows that I’m strong minded and will have what I want whether she (or anyone else for that matter) liked it or not. When she saw it all togther though she soon changed her mind and really loved the whole look, so I’m sure your family will soon see your vision too! I must admit, I’m so pleased with my decision and don’t regret not having a veil - saying that I really dislike them!

If you’re interested, I’m actually considering selling my wedding dress and veil-cape after my wedding. I know you have a dress but would be happy to sell them separately if you’re interested.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics