Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Rockstar June 2020

Witnesses

HappyBlueCars582, 15 of September of 2018 at 07:45 Posted on Planning 0 3

My other half and I are having a quick and simple civil ceremony in our local registry office but we can't be bothered with the faff of a family wedding as our families including ourselves do not really like weddings. We just want to get married one afternoon through the week then we'll tell our friends and family afterwards. We would like to ask staff from the registry office to be our witnesses and just wondered if anyone has done this before or if anyone has grabbed witnesses of the street before going in to get married. Also how long does a civil ceremony take? Will we be in and out in an hour?

3 replies

Latest activity by HappyBlueCars582, 16 of September of 2018 at 22:17
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

It's really easy! You can go without witnesses and just grab them off the street. Or a member of register office staff abf your photographer can be the witnesses.

The ceremony will take 10-15 min if it's just the 2 of you.

You could save money by booking a "registration only" ceremony which is you and 2 witnesses. It's the most basic version.

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you. Not having a photographer. It will literally just be my other half and me there. I don't remember seeing anything about registration only in the paperwork but I will check again. We're up in Scotland. Do they do that here? It looks like it will costs £125 altogether so we're quite happy with that :-) My other half is a tradesman and rarely wears smart clothes, suits or formal wear. I guess we can just wear what we want too?

• H
    Beginner October 2018
    HappyBrownDecor18059 ·
    • Hide content

An aunty of mine did that and just grabbed a couple of people off the street to be witnesses. Apparently it was quite exciting and the two strangers were delighted to help and thought it was funny Smiley smile

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you. Our local registry office is in the middle of the town centre and there's a lot of interesting characters in the area so it will be fun to see who we find!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics