Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2018

Last minute wedding hacks

LandDgethitched , 17 of August of 2018 at 21:36 Posted on Planning 0

Hello everyone!

Less than a week to go before my wedding and I am wondering if there were things that people had either wished they had or were pleased they remembered or have thought to have on the day?

For example -blister pads or emails from vendors etc. I guess I am trying to plan for the unexpected etc. What are your wedding hacks?!

Thanks in advance!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ยท
    • Hide content

Very simple things that get overlooked that I come across many times as a wedding photographer shooting bridal prep, these almost silly frustrating things that just add to the stress of that part of the day.

You have your shoes for weeks and your jewellery for weeks so you have plenty of time to remove the sticker at the bottom of your shoes, and also any residue sticky glue, you don't want to be doing this just before you put them on.

Same with the jewellery that has a cotton tag attached with a tight fiddly knot. also with the jewellery remove it from all its marketing/display packaging before the morning.

Take the flowers out of the water at least an hour before you need them to give the stems a chance to dry off otherwise you will end up with drips on the dresses.

If you have a corset back dress then just leave a little longer than you planned to do it up because there is always the added pressure of the day - sweaty fingers /new nails all can add up to it taking longer than you think getting the ribbon to lay flat if it is a wide one.

Decide before if you want the extra ribbon in a bow or tucked inside the dress and if inside then make sure there is a route up there for a hand to pull it through, so many times I see bridesmaids or mums struggle trying to find the correct layer to "enter" the dress, sometimes there is not a way up there as that section is sewn.

Then you have the miles of ribbon to deal with, it always seems 3 times longer than it needs to be so if you are tucking it in the dress don't be afraid to cut off any excess so that you avoid a bundle of knots taking up the extra. And again do all of this before the morning of the wedding.

Oh and don't get me started on the groom and lads and tying cravats and putting on button holes. ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics