Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R

Can anyone recommend a wedding photographer in Cheshire?

RedheadBride1992, 4 of June of 2018 at 10:38 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find a wedding photographer for my intimate village hall wedding in May 2019 but we don’t have a huge budget. All the photographers that I’ve contacted are quoting £1500-£1900 and I just can’t stretch our budget to cover that amount Smiley sad. Can anyone recommend a photographer in cheshire that they’ve used who offer packages or reasonable prices?

Thank you!

3 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 4 of June of 2018 at 21:52
  • B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Thats seems to be the going rate, how ever if you can give me more details I can post it on a group I'm on and you might have better luck. Either through my contact form on my site here https://www.bruceneville.co.uk or drop me an email on ********@************.**.**

Bruce

Ps village halls are lovely because you put all your personal touches to them Smiley smile

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

I can't recommend any in Cheshire, but have you tried going to wedding fairs? Lots of the ones I've been to have had photographers offering discounted services for booking at the fair, or speaking to them and booking by a set date afterwards.

That said, as mentioned above, that does seem to be the going rate - we found very few photographers that would do the whole day for under a grand. If your budget won't stretch, maybe consider reducing shoot time to ceremony and a few formal shots afterwards? That tends to be a lot cheaper than having bridal prep through to first dance.

The other thing I can recommend is to keep an eye on social media - we got lucky with a photographer who were looking for couples to feature on their website, offering the whole day for half price. After checking out their previous shoots and reviews, we decided it was a great deal!

Good luck!

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Also - have a look at the For Sale forum on here - there are often people offering their services FOC or very low cost if they are new to wedding photography and looking to get into it. Of course you need to check out their other photos first - maybe see if they will do an engagement shoot so you can see the types of pictures they will take and the quality.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can you give a hint as to what your budget is and how long you want the photographer for...(and the date).....then some people might be able to assess who might be available in your price bracket....

hth

Peter

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics