Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S

Lounge suit, waistcoat and cravat acceptable?

SunnyRedDecor83357, 25 of April of 2018 at 23:47 Posted on Planning 0 1

As per the question in the thread subject. Is a lounge suit with waistcoat and cravat OK? I usually see examples in tail coat style suits. In particular, i had a cobalt blue suit, thinking of getting an ivory waistcoat with a similar ivory colour cravat...

1 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousBlueFlowers70628, 15 of May of 2018 at 16:29
  • Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hi, standard jackets are the norm instead of tails. It's the cravat that throws things.

But as an advisory I've not seen any cravats at weddings for aaaages. It's all ties now apart from a few bow ties.

Hope that helps!

• L
    Beginner September 2018
    LuxuriousBlueFlowers70628 ·
    • Hide content

Do you mean a cravat or do you mean what Moss Bros call a "crinkle tie" or "wedding cravat"? If it's the latter then it's not really "correct" dress anyway, it just fell into wedding fashion in the 90s and 00s.

If you actually want a cravat, then I say go for it - I only know one person who regularly wears one and I always think he looks great. I've never seen one at a wedding because they're quite casual (because your collar is undone) but would definitely fit a lot of wedding vibes and I think it would look fab!

If you want to wear either a lounge suit or morning dress then I'd suggest you wear a flat / straight tie. With a double Windsor knot as a half Windsor can look lopsided in my opinion.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics