Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner April 2021

Advice please

2021bridetobe, 25 of April of 2018 at 14:41 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all,

10 days ago we arranged to meet with your dream photographer. We were due to meet tonight. However this morning I received an email from them asking to rearrange to next week with a vague reason. They've got all 5* reviews and are raved about. There's just this little voice in the back of my head telling me that this is a bad omen. Am I just being silly?

This is the first thing we've considered booking for our wedding.

5 replies

Latest activity by 2021bridetobe, 2 of May of 2018 at 20:45
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

If you've liked them up until now, I would still arrange to meet - they may have had a family emergency come up that they don't want to bog a prospective client down with details.

But I would reserve judgement when you meet them - if they cancel again, then maybe don't bother. I've gone with my gut feeling a lot so far, and people being hard to get hold of has been a factor in that for me. But you also don't know what's going on in people's lives.

If they're relaxed and apologetic when you meet, you're probably fine, but maybe check it isn't an issue that could affect your wedding day e.g. ongoing childcare issues.

Keep your options open and speak to a couple of other photographers too. It's a lot of money you'll be spending, and the pictures will be the thing that lasts, so you want to get it right.

Good luck!

• DavidAdamsPhotography
    DavidAdamsPhotography ·
    • Hide content

As per the other advice you've received, I would give them one more chance but I'd also listen to your gut instinct after the next meeting. There could be a good reason to cancel a meeting (which wouldn't be a good reason not to show up to the wedding itself) but I'd expect them to be able to tell you what that is. As an example, as a single parent, if my young son was ill I might cancel a meeting, but if it fell on the day of the wedding I would get a family member or close friend to take care of him for the day so I could still photograph the wedding.

Just keep in mind, you will build quite a relationship with a good photographer, so you want to feel comfortable with them and nagging doubts won't help that.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

• SimonHogbenPhotography
    SimonHogbenPhotography ·
    • Hide content

I'd agree - give the photographer a chance. Things do crop up which means they may have needed to change the meeting and not be specific about the reason (a personal or medical reason for instance).

It's important you feel comfortable of course so see how you feel when you meet them and go with your instinct then.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Give them a chance but if you want me too look them over then drop me an email.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just the one......and only one.....if not move on.....

Out of interest, what made them your dream photpgrapher??

Peter

Beginner April 2021
    2021bridetobe ·
    • Hide content

Hi all!

thanks so much for the replies, especially from all the photographers as it puts me at ease a little more. They take these absolutely beautiful, unusual and perfect photographs that I have never seen anything like before. And from their reviews it seems that the lengths they will go to to get the perfect photo have no bounds. My fiancé and I fell in love with the photos when we saw them and nothing else has quite compared. We are meeting next week so hopefully I will feel good about this. They have been very nice in all communication so far.

In my head the photos are the thing that have to be perfect, I can cope with imperfections in other areas of the day but I am all about photo memories - I have multiple shelves full of photo albums! This is the most important thing to me (other than marrying my husband of course!).

thanks all Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics