Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dave@LeFunkWeddingBand

Best Wedding Reception Venues in North West - For Live Bands

Dave@LeFunkWeddingBand, 27 of March of 2018 at 13:45 Posted on Journalist Seeking... 0

Hi,

I'm Dave, the manager of and guitarist in LeFunk! Wedding and Function Band. We've been playing at weddings in 5, 4 or 3 piece lineups since 2010. I'm currently in the process of writing an article to advise couples on the best venues or venue types / essential facilities to get the best out of a live band, both from the point of view of the audience, and also from the point of the band members themselves. If both the audience AND the band are getting everything they want then that's the perfect recipe for a great party.

I'd like to hear experiences of musicians, event organisers, guests and brides and grooms from a generic point of view or naming specific venues.

For example. Stages - do they make a difference? I'd say yes. The best wedding venue from the band's perspective that we played at was the Cinnamon Club in Altrincham. Why? Because they have a theatre style stage and a professional sound and light engineer who mixes the band's sound. This means the band can enjoy playing and put on a great performance without the distraction of worrying whether perhaps the singer can't be heard properly by the audience. It's also inspiring to have fantastic stage lights and haze around you while playing.

Another example: Sound Limiters. Should couples ever book a venue that has a sound limiter if they are hoping to book a live band? I'd say no. It's a worry - even if the band can play quietly enough to avoid it cutting the power - the performance is going to suffer and be slightly more tense at best than it normally would be. Who wants the lights and sound to go off even once during their wedding celebration!

Anyway you get the idea. Please let me know your experiences and advice both good and bad. I'll try to credit contributors and hitched.co.uk in the final article.

Many thanks

Dave

LeFunk! Wedding and Party Band

• Dave@LeFunkWeddingBand
    Dave@LeFunkWeddingBand ยท
    • Hide content

Played Hyde Bank Farm wedding last weekend. They have a sound limiter that would definitely cut power if a band had a live drummer. Fortunately we had been booked as the trio and after triggering it during our second song (when the audience all shouted out at one point in the song!) and losing all power for about 5 seconds, the poer came back on and we continued(all be it carefully) for the remainder of the night without any problem. It actually didn't spoil the performance in the end, and Hyde Bank Farm was great for setting up while the guests are in a different section of the venue, so there is no disruption. Also the load in is through a fire door at the side of the stage area which is very convenient.

LeFunk! Wedding and Party Band

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics