Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner August 2019

Suggestions on Barn venues with flower fields??

RomanticBlueCars37453, 14 of February of 2018 at 22:38 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hello,

I'm newly engaged and have no idea where to start!

My dream is to have a boho barn type wedding in the middle of a lavender/bluebell/wildflower/etc field. Does anyone have any suggestions/does this exist?

Thank you,

Elisa

3 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousGreenDiamonds75835, 21 of February of 2018 at 00:34
  • H
    Beginner July 2019
    HappyBlueCakes18335 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!! We booked our venue yesterday, it is a barn venue in 1000 acres of beautiful land... lots of gorgeous flowers and wildlife, it was stunning - first venue we looked at and we ended up booking it as it was just so lovely! I dont know where you are based, but if you are near Essex, go and have a look at Gaynes Park in Epping! Smiley heart

• F
    Savvy August 2019
    Fairy5 ·
    • Hide content

You can't technically get married in the middle of a field unless there is a permanent structure in order for the owner to have a wedding license. Venues that don't have licenses, you can often have blessings, you'd just need to go registry office or church before. We originally wanted this type of thing and looked at Browning Bros as they own an orchard. They have a lovely area in the woods where you can have a blessing but for us we didn't want to have to move from ceremony to venue so we opted for a venue with an outdoor license. Websites like this one were helpful in showing what venues locally to us had what facilities so I'd start there. You don't realise the cot of things until you start to look. I wanted a tipi but that was swiftly bumped once I saw the price!

• L
    Beginner March 2018
    LuxuriousPinkCakes651 ·
    • Hide content

Pitt hall farm just outside Basingstoke have beautiful bluebell woods you can get married in but you need to check your date is likely to coincide with the bluebells flowering. The barn is utterly gorgeous too so that acts as a great plan b if the British weather does it’s worst.

• L
    Beginner September 2019
    LuxuriousGreenDiamonds75835 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone, sorry I've only just seen there's been replies for this thread!

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I've actually already shortlisted and contacted Gaynes Park looks amazing HappyBlueCakes18335 Smiley smile

I wanted a tipi too Fairy5 but same the price put me off! I'd rather be indoors for the same price :o And yes I think we'll probably register the day before so not too picky about venues with licenses

Thanks LuxuriousPinkCakes651 Pitt hall farm sounds amazing!! Will look into it Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics