Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner November 2018

Speeches

MrsGraves2B, 19 of January of 2018 at 13:22 Posted on Planning 0

Hi all! So today we got our paperwork through to write down all our final decisions for all the ceremony and reception details which is very exciting as it's starting to feel really close now! One thing we haven't decided upon yet is who is doing the speeches (well, except for my father and HTB). Is it normal for the bride to do a speech too? I have a few lovely short readings I would like to do if I am to do a speech but is this standard? Or should the speech be more of a thank you? Any advise on what to include would be wonderful and it would be nice to see who else is doing a speech!

• D
    Beginner June 2019
    Durhamchance ·
    • Hide content

Normally the Father of the Bride, Groom and Best man do the speeches, but it’s not unheard of for the bride to say a few words if she wants too.

If you want to get up and speak that is your prerogative, it’s quite nice as it’s usually the bride who has done most of the organising and inviting.

I won’t be speaking, but I’m quite a traditionalist and by the time we get to that part I’ll be quite happy to sit back and drink!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics