Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2018

Wedding Photo Apps

LuxuriousPurpleHair69883, 9 of January of 2018 at 06:13 Posted on Planning 1 9

Has anyone used a photo app for their wedding? I’ve been looking at wedpics, but can you download from the app (i.e. onto my Mac)? and do guests have to take photos through the app itself, or can they upload using the app? Also found The Wedding Snap App, has anyone used that?

Thank you in anticipation!

9 replies

Latest activity by Andrew, 16 of February of 2024 at 17:58
  • R
    Beginner April 2017
    Ratatatmilliecat ·
    • Hide content

Hello, we used WedPics and then invited our guests through the app. Guests can upload pics onto the app via their phones/computer/camera. You can take pics through the app but I don’t think any of our guests did.

You do have to pay a fee to download pics, I can’t remember the exact amount but I think it was discounted to about £28,(they offered the discount regularly). Once we paid guests too could have unlimited downloads without them having to also pay. It worked well for us.

Good luck with your planning.

• R
    Beginner August 2018
    RomanticPurpleCars26892 ·
    • Hide content

I discovered an app called Scripin Weddings through a wedding fair last weekend, think we are going to use them as they are free to use and download the pictures! It's such a good idea. Good luck with the wedding planning!

• P
    PaylorPhoto ·
    • Hide content

We used Wedpics, it worked so well. You can create separate albums too, so we had our hen/stag partys in there, the ceremony and reception, and our honeymoon too!

We printed little cards out so people could download the app using a QR code. I've also been to weddings where people using a specific instagram hashtag, or even create custom snapchat filters. Lots of ideas!

• L
    Beginner September 2018
    LuxuriousYellowFlowers63032 ·
    • Hide content

I've been looking into these as well. I've read that wedpics has the right to use your images however they want as they claim ownership which I'm not keen on. Wedbox is another one I've seen where you keep ownership of your images - don't know anyone who has used this. With this you take photos with your phone and upload them to the app. I've just had a quick look at scripin that somebody mentions but that looks as though you have to take photos using the app rather than your own phone camera and uploading them later. I may be wrong as i say it was only a quick look at their website. That would mean people either having to download the app in advance or trying to do so on the day. My cousin just used instagram at his wedding (I think- mum wasn't sure but thinks that's what he told her) but I'm not that up to date with technology and don't have a clue how that would work.

At the moment I'm leaning towards wedbox but I'm not sure. I'll keep looking for now. I'll also follow this post to see what others suggest - hope you don't mind.

• L
    Beginner September 2018
    • Hide content

I've just come across one called Wedding Photo swap which looks quite good. You can upload photos automatically through the app from your phone or if someone has used a digital camera they can upload it via the website after the wedding. Has anyone tried this site?

• L
    Beginner September 2018
    • Hide content

I've decided to go with Wedbox. You can upload photos or take them through the app.

They are offering a voucher for the premium package at the moment if you comment on their facebook post. Think it's for the first 1000 people to comment.

• A
    Beginner June 2022 Co Londonderry
    Anne ·
    • Hide content

My friend is also looking for help in this area.

• Dancing-Peanut
    Curious September 2021 Kent
    Dancing-Peanut ·
    • Hide content

We went wedding photo swap and so far they have been amazing. They even extended our package for free when covid hit and we had to change dates. I did loads of research around it and at the time found them best suited to our needs.

• Andrew
    Beginner January 1992 Staffordshire
    Andrew ·
    • Hide content

This is really interested

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics