Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner April 2019

When to send save the dates/invites?

Futuremrsrimmer, 3 of December of 2017 at 15:03 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi everyone,

We’re getting married in April 2019. We’re having a small weekday wedding with a total of 17 guests. We get exclusive use of the venue if we book at least 10 rooms for the night of the wedding, because of this we have to confirm the number of rooms we need and pay a deposit 6 months before. If we book less than 10 rooms then the release the rest to the general public. I’m not too bothered about exclusivity as the areas where we will be are quite private anyway.

I think most people would want a room as we are 2 hours away from home and there isn’t really alternative accommodation in the area. I was going to put accommodation info on the invites and include it on the RSVP so I would know if people want rooms or not. This would mean sending the invites out 10 months ish ahead which I’ve been told is too early... what do you guys think?

Also if I’m sending out invites so early would people bother with save the dates or do them early too? (is January 2019 too early?). We both work for the NHS and about half our guests do too so we know booking time of work usually has to be done well in advance.

Thanks in advance x

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGoldHair34068, 20 of January of 2018 at 15:20
  • F
    Beginner November 2018
    Fireworkandfairylightwedding ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi,

I am am getting married in November 2018 and planned to send out invites in around March/April time so I would also be interested to hear peoples opinions on whether 7-8 months is also too early. My reasons were purely selfish though, as we are trying to keep a tight budget and it would save money not having to send save the dates and invites.

• R
    Beginner November 2019
    RomanticGoldHair34068 ·
    • Hide content

I have never understood why there is such a thing as too early. The last thing I would want is someone booking a holiday without knowing when the wedding was planned for.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics