Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

_
Beginner July 2019

Weight Loss Support Group

_Tinderella_, 11 of November of 2017 at 09:03 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 19

Hey all,

Is there anyone else else on here who is hoping to lose some weight for the big day?

I have a massive 6.5 stone to lose (1 stone down now!) before I get married in mid 2019. I wondered if anyone else was trying to shift some lbs and how they are getting on.

It would be great if we could create a support group and share some of our tips and tricks with other brides to be!

19 replies

Latest activity by Catherine, 14 of August of 2020 at 13:14
  • L
    Beginner September 2019
    LuxuriousRedDiamonds744 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

I have been struggling this past year and think a group is a great idea. I get married in 2019 and work 12hr shifts and seem to be putting it on rather than losing it ?

• L
    Beginner September 2019
    LuxuriousRedDiamonds744 ·
    • Hide content

I think this is a great idea. I get married in 2019 and this past year I have been struggling. Work 12hr shifts and no matter how healthy i eat i still seem to be gaining weight ?

• S
    Beginner April 2018
    SunnyYellowDecor480 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Hun,

Im in need of loosing 2 stone for my wedding at the end of April this year! let me know if you would like to start a support group for this and i need all the help and support i can get!

Happy wedding planning xx

• S
    Beginner April 2018
    SunnyYellowDecor480 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Hun,

Im in need of loosing 2 stone for my wedding at the end of April this year! let me know if you would like to start a support group for this and i need all the help and support i can get!

• S
    Beginner April 2018
    SunnyYellowDecor480 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Hun,

I think a support group is a fab idea! i have 2 stone to loose before my wedding at the end of April!!

Let me know if one gets started or we could start one?

• MrsStanleyToBe
    Beginner January 2019
    MrsStanleyToBe ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lovelies

I think that this is a great idea, I need to lose 6 stone by January 2019, I've lost 1 stone so far, just another 5 to go ☹️

After christmas and having the flu bug that's been going around I need to get back on it! I'm going to do the 5:2 diet

what diet are you all doing?

Speak Soon x

• E
    Beginner
    EmmaBondBridalBodyCoach ·
    • Hide content

Hi lovely ladies, I’m a nutrition and Body coach exclusively for brides and I am starting a Free group on FB to get all the lovely brides out there camera ready. I will be sharing loads of nutrition advice, freebie giveaways, live Q and A’s to share how I dropped 3 stone in less than 6 months myself and still keeping it off 4 years later! Would love you to join. Would you be interested? Emma Bond x

• E
    Beginner May 2019
    ExpensiveRedDiamonds820 ·
    • Hide content

Hey!

I am also trying to shift weight, I had a baby less than a year ago but was a bit lazy in trying to get rid of it all until now. I have been on the slimfast 321 diet since January this year, 3 snacks, 2 shakes, 1 meal and ive lost 2 1/2 inches off my waist so far. Ive been doing a little 15 minute jogg about 2/3 timees a week which obviously helps with weight loss too. I cant actually notice anything but my fiance says you definitley can... So annoying when you just want it to be off now!

What are you doing?

x

• E
    Beginner May 2019
    ExpensiveRedDiamonds820 ·
    • Hide content

This sounds amazing!! would love to hear more x

• H
    HappyGoldCakes12290 ·
    • Hide content

Any diet plan available for weight loss?

• T
    Beginner August 2018
    TeamBrideandGroom ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

My lovely partner and I have been on a Weight Loss mission since we got engaged in September.

To support our journey we started blogging about it, not very well and I have just been adding tips and stuff to the site. The support I get for doing this on my small Facebook page and Twitter etc has helped me stay motivated, especially over Christmas and I am sure it will work over Easter.

Since September I have lost three and a half stone and my partner (who had a lot less to lose has lost nearly two.

I am also thinking of starting a closed Facebook Group to help people like us talk to each other in a more fluid way.

A question, does anyone use a Fitbit to help their weight loss?

If anyone wants to check it out, We are on Facebook or feel free to check out the page here

If you are interested in a Group, I will put one together, I have some other people interested, will be great to all work together Smiley smile

Thanks team

• S
    Beginner August 2018
    SunnyBlueStationery85246 ·
    • Hide content

Hey ladies. My wedding on August this year. I will go again on Energy diet coctails Smiley smile 2 years ago it helped me to loose 20 kg. So i want to be in better shape before my wedding Smiley smile Really don't have time for gym or sport. And i will not lie that I am lazy for it too Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner
    ayeshakhan42123 ·
    • Hide content

Hey everyone,

I am Ayesha and I managed to lose 20 kilos of weight in a matter of 2 years. I want to let everyone know that it is possible to lose weight and you guys just have to keep trying.

• A
    Beginner
    ayeshakhan42123 ·
    • Hide content

Same here.

It was a tough journey but worth it.

• K
    katiepearsonswns12345 ·
    • Hide content

I'm a reporter from a press agency and we love to do positive stories about proposals, weddings and everything in between.

If you have been through an experience, have any tips, or want to raise awareness about a particular issue, then please get in touch.

It could be about anything - a unique proposal, amazing weight loss for the big day, a wedding disaster or funny pictures from the big day!

We can make sure you are paid for your stories, or make a donation to charity.

"For more info or to see what kind of stories we work on visit: https://www.sellusyourstory.com/sell-my-story/

• C
    Beginner
    cazzyd2 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all

New to the forum, got engaged (such a wonderful surprise) last weekend and still on cloud 9. However I've about 2 and a half stone to 3 stone to lose. Began to start losing weight earlier on in the year until my mum was diagnosed with cancer in February and I've been struggling ever since!

We are yet to set a date, and are in no rush as such but I'd really like to kick start. I'm off next week for half term and going to sit down and look at some ideas. Work full time and am almost always too tired to cook a full meal from scratch...and want to have the motivation to batch cook!!!

Anyone else have a similar problem.

• H
    Beginner July 2023
    HappyPurpleCakes720 ·
    • Hide content

I am sorry to hear about your mum but congratulations on the proposal Smiley smile

It really isn't as hard as it sounds to cook from scratch, especially if you do it together, simple recipes are best so check out allrecipes.com as a lot of them are recipes from your average joe, so less ingredients, but there is nothing wrong with grabbing some so juicy packets and chucking it all together and having salad or something on the side but if you really want to batch cook, i cannot recommend a slow cooker enough! I chuck it on, on my day off of work and have meals in portions in the freezer, even lasagne with a side salad Smiley laugh down 7 stone now, 3 more to go, remember to stay clear of diets and crap, never lasts.

Good luck x

• J
    Beginner May 2020
    JosLes ·
    • Hide content

I agree, it really isn't as hard cook a full meal from scratch

• L
    Beginner
    LuxuriousRedHair71563 ·
    • Hide content

In the same boat and meal replacements are working for me. It's good to know what you're eating at each time everyday and exactly how many calories it has. A bit boring but effective!

• Catherine
    Beginner August 2021 Staffordshire
    Catherine ·
    • Hide content
    Has anyone tried Juice plus. I would like to share, if you are interested pm me... This is any amazing lifestyle change.. Makes you feel so much healthier... Two shakes, which are meal replacements and two healthy snacks, and a healthy meal, I usually take a booster before my evening meal, which is an appetite suppressant and reduces your calorie intake by 25%. I love it and it really works an teaches you all about clean living. Best bit for me is your never on your own as full mentor support with recipies, tips, motivation and lots of chatter. PM me if interested xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics