Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner April 2019

2019 Wedding

MimiLouise88, 13 of March of 2017 at 14:34 Posted on Planning 0 125

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and also wedding planning as we are only recently engaged! I just wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of a 2019 brides thread, if one exists?

Thank you! x

125 replies

Latest activity by DanaGo, 9 of September of 2019 at 11:24
  • SunnyGoldBridesmaid746
    Beginner February 2019
    SunnyGoldBridesmaid746 ·
    • Hide content

Looks like you've just created one! I'm getting married in 2019 too.

• LittlePea19
    Beginner June 2019
    LittlePea19 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Chances are I'll be a 2019 bride as well Smiley smile need to save up some pennies firsts! Loving all the planning and looking at venues though, still trying to work out a budget lol

x

• hopey_
    Beginner February 2019
    hopey_ ·
    • Hide content

8th February 2019 for us! We've managed to get a few deals already by booking early!

• S
    Beginner
    SunnyIvoryFlowers823 ·
    • Hide content

I'm also a 2019 bride, mostly because it gives us time to save up and for me to crack on with some DIY projects.

• MrsStanleyToBe
    Beginner January 2019
    MrsStanleyToBe ·
    • Hide content

Yaaay! I've been waiting for over 2 years for a 2019 thread, thank you for starting it ? I'm 26th January

Congratulations and welcome x

• SunnyGoldBridesmaid746
    Beginner February 2019
    SunnyGoldBridesmaid746 ·
    • Hide content

Our date is 15th February - the day before my OH turns 50! He hates his birthday so we thought that this was a good way to deflect from it ?

• M
    Beginner April 2019
    MimiLouise88 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh yay! I'm excited to have found some fellow 2019 brides!! I think we will be 13th April although we haven't booked our venue yet, going to view some over the next few weeks! Not overly keen on the fact it's the 13th haha but I work in a school as does my sister (maid of honour) so I wanted it in the Easter holiday so we can go on honeymoon straight afterwards!

How much have you all got booked (if anything!) so far?

Marie xx

• A
    Beginner June 2019
    AfterAllThisTimeGradette ·
    • Hide content

I'm 2019! June 8th, venue .... BOOKED

• A
    Beginner June 2019
    AfterAllThisTimeGradette ·
    • Hide content

We actually have secured

venue

florist

photographer

haor&make up

band

photobooth

VR machine

• LittlePea19
    Beginner June 2019
    LittlePea19 ·
    • Hide content

I have cake and florist sorted... luckily I have some very talented friends!!! Oh and Mum is going to make the invitations when we have a date. At the moment we just have the fun of working out what I want Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner July 2020
    SunnyGoldConfetti573 ·
    • Hide content

Aww Hi!

Congratulations!! I am a 2020 bride but you are closest in timeframe to me ?

We have the church booked (4th July) because I wanted my beloved Grandma Birthday as she is sadly no longer here

apart from that i have just lurked on here and started a pintrest board ?

Be lovely journeying with you (and beyond)

xx

• hopey_
    Beginner February 2019
    hopey_ ·
    • Hide content

We've got the venue & photographer booked!

• M
    Beginner April 2019
    MimiLouise88 ·
    • Hide content

That's lovely to have the wedding date as your Grandma's birthday Smiley smile

Lots of organised people here! We are going to view two venues next week and will hopefully get that booked ASAP. I also want to get the photographer booked once we have a date confirmed as I already know who I want and he's quite popular I think!

My sister got married last year and had a 13 month engagement and she advised me that I should get straight on with the planning and booking as she found it challenging sometimes with a year to plan (and she is far more organised than me!) so I'm hoping to just get on with it all rather than think it's ages away and it suddenly creeps up on me!

Xxx

• H
    Beginner June 2019
    HappyBrownDecor775 ·
    • Hide content

I am a 2019 bride! 29 June 2019, in Edinburgh

Feel quite organised with the below booked

venue

photographer

flowers

band

entertainment

make up

cake

buses for guests

im struggling with a videographer, and i don't know what to do about my room that my ceremony is taking place in as well as the meal and reception - i think it needs some decoration but i don't know what - cant put my finger on it BUT i can't stop thinking about it

i set a budget and its blown already ha

xx

• R
    Beginner April 2019
    RomanticPinkGlitterDecor ·
    • Hide content

I am hoping for a 2019 wedding in April Smiley smile As it gives us more time to save up and also I suppose we get even more time to look forward to it! x

• M
    Beginner April 2019
    MimiLouise88 ·
    • Hide content

I'm in April too! Have you got anything booked yet? We booked our venue last week and now looking at photographer, celebrant and DJ Smiley smile xxx

• R
    Beginner April 2019
    RomanticPinkGlitterDecor ·
    • Hide content

Yay! What is your date? Mine is Saturday 6th April - we booked the venue and registrar last week Smiley smile Not long to go!! xxx

• M
    Beginner April 2019
    MimiLouise88 ·
    • Hide content

Eek I'm the week after, the 13th! It feels so long away now but everyone keeps telling me it will come round so quickly and to enjoy the planning and preparation so I am just getting stuck into organising now! I'm not the most organised person so if I don't get started it will be 3 months before and I'll be having a melt down because I haven't done anything! ?

What kind of venue have you booked? xx

• R
    Beginner August 2019
    RomanticGoldHair789 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to be a 2019 bride too, I am so worried about wedding planning, especially as we're going to be getting married in Ireland as I'm originally from there. Heading over in 2 weeks to pay deposit and finalise dates etc. For those of you who have booked a venue did you haggle to get any extras on top of your packages? Can't wait to hear everyone's plans.

• E
    Beginner June 2019
    ExpensiveYellowFlowers787 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all, I am also going to be a 2019 bride? We have today found a venue and once we answers to a few questions we will be booking! I am also not very organised so will be making a start asap x

• hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content

I'm a 2019 bride! We're getting married October 2019 and have picked a venue, photographer, florist and cake so far Smiley laugh

• mrsbrown220219
    Beginner February 2019
    mrsbrown220219 ·
    • Hide content

We're also getting married in 2019! Very excited as we've been engaged for 5 years and originally planning on getting married 3 years ago but due to changes in circumstance, had to postpone. Our wedding date is 22nd February.

We've booked the venue and the photographer, who we both know from work so has done us a lovely deal! I've looked into cakes which we hope to book this year they have said they will guarantee this years prices and have loads of ideas for flowers, dresses, colours, etc! xx

• T
    Beginner November 2019
    tash038 ·
    • Hide content

Hi All!

I am also a 2019 bride, currently looking into venue options - it's all very exciting to be actually planning!

Tash x

• L
    Beginner April 2019
    Life.Edit ·
    • Hide content

I'm a 2019 bride too! Was suppose to be 2018, but didn't feel that we had enough time to prepare and save. Been engaged for five years, together for 9! We've gone for 7th April, as we are going to make the most of BH for extra days off!

We've already got the venue, ceremony and photographer sorted. Have to admit we underestimated the cost of florists and bridal hair/make up! The best thing we've done it attend every wedding fair, as most of our suppliers that we are hoping to secure do discounts at them. If you do your research, scout them out you can normally save a few hundred.

So happy there is a thread for us 2019's!! Smiley smile x

• C
    Beginner January 2018
    Coopertobe ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married 15th July 2019! I only recently got engaged and we are going to view some venues this weekend. Smiley smile

• F
    Beginner June 2019
    FutureMrsB2019 ·
    • Hide content

We have currently chosen a date for 22nd June 2019 and booked the Church but just need to clarify with our chosen reception venue. We are hoping to get married later in the day and have just an evening buffet reception.

X

• D
    Beginner June 2019
    Durhamchance ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, I wondered where the 2019 brides thread was at Smiley smile

We've got 1st June booked, so far I’ve sorted the venue, Church, DJ, Cars and Photogapher. It feels like ages away, but it’s only just over 16 months now.

• P
    Beginner June 2019
    ProfoundlyPuzzling ·
    • Hide content

I'm a 2019 bride too!! ? Can't wait. Got engaged end of September 2017, we must have looked at about 30 venues but we narrowed it down and settled on 'the one', we have the date reserved for June 2019 and we have an appointment to pay the deposit next week!! Really hoping the time flies as it seems so fr away at the moment. Oh well, plenty of planning/saving/dieting to focus on in the meantime. No suppliers sorted yet so that is next to be researched, really looking forward to meeting florists as I adore flowers but think that obsession might get expensive quickly!! Anyway, good luck to all with the planning x

• L
    Beginner April 2019
    LuxuriousBrownStationery1013 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm a 2019 bride. Got the 13th April booked with the venue, registrar, and photographer. I have a dress in mind and we have a sort of theme. Guest list for the ceremony and air down is sorted, as is the table plan. We just need to finalise the list for the reception and test our ideas for centrepiece and favours.

It feels a long way off to be so organised!

• S
    Curious October 2019
    SasenachBride ·
    • Hide content

April 13th is a popular day Smiley smile That's the date we've chosen too. OH wants to finalise on buying a house before we book anything though in case house buying costs more than anticipated. We've been frantically saving every penny for 2 years now - we moved in with my parents to save on rent.
    I just want to start booking venues now - I'm so worried we won't be able to get the place we want but as long as we get married I don't mind too much where it is

• M
    Beginner May 2019
    MrsThomas_2_Be ·
    • Hide content

Hiya!

i’m also getting married in 2019!! Can not wait to be Mrs Thomas! Getting married in April in South Wales ?

xx

• J
    Beginner May 2019
    JuneBaby1990 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Everyone!

I am also a 2019 Bride! We are recently engaged but have booked our wedding for 31st May 2019. We have booked our church, venue, catering and close to securing our photographer! I am starting to stress that we don't have enough time to book everything else. How far in advance did you organise your florist/ cake/ hair & make up etc?

Thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics