Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

O
Beginner January 2018

A new household for Christmas

OneHartOrTwo, 29 of November of 2016 at 17:39 Posted on Planning 0 1

As soon to be husband and wife, my OH and I are going to be the new go to spot for Christmas and hosting the whole family means 20 people including us.

Besides borrow chairs, I wondered if anyone had any advice for cooking such a large meal and entertaining so many?

Thank you so much.

1 replies

Latest activity by Jayne E, 30 of November of 2016 at 15:04
  • L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Accept as many offers of help as possible. And don't be afraid to pre prep maybe even use a slow cooker /frozen vegetables?

or run as quick as you can haha x

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Don't be afraid to ask people to bring something. Can you do the gravy or the stuffing etc. it's not so much hard work as organisation and judging how much to cook.

Plan cooking timing and oven space. Aallow for ovens running slow and pre prepare everything you can. I used to peel all veg, cook the turkey and set the table the night before when I had a house full. It also makes things look more under control!

I also had a hot tray to keep things warm while other things were cooking. And white pots. Buy cheap can always add to or borrow.

Above all take it as it comes, don't panic and enjoy. If it's not perfect so what it's the love and togethernessmthat matters. ,x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics